Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

salad dressing
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: May 16, 2008 01:47PM

I never thought I could enjoy salad without a french dressing (i.e olive oil and balsamic in my case) and I never worried about it and just allowed it. Recently however I've begun to find it rather oily and have not been enjoying it so much so I took the plunge and left it off - wow - I loved my salad just as it comes. this change in my taste buds has come after 5months of being mainly raw. I find now that I am getting much fussier about my food - really the simpler the better - just as nature makes it.

My message to new raw eaters then, based on my experience, is give yourself time to allow the taste buds to change. I know some people can go 'raw' overnight but not every one can and while you might be there mentally in a flash the old taste buds might need some time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: salad dressing
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: May 16, 2008 02:41PM

My tastes and sense of smell are constantly changing and improving! I used to hate celery, now I love it. I used to avoid olives like a witch's curse or something...

It was even so sweet to revisit apples and raw corn. It's amazing!

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: May 16, 2008 03:29PM

Starting with day one my raw journey has been a process of change. I now refer to how I eat raw as "presently" as i know it will probably change soon due to season, tweaking, body signals, experiments, taste changes, moving to new levels of raw, etc. I find the changes keep the experience new and different in a good way.

For salad I like to put a bed of leafy greens into a salad bowl and put one or two avocados chunked up on top. I like to mash the avocado into the greens as a "salad dressing".

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 16, 2008 03:48PM

That's an EXCELLENT suggestion! I agree 100% FlipperJan. Some 'simple' salad dressings would be pureed carrot/ginger or garlic/lemon. Simplest of all would be just a lemon or lime spritzer....or just plain! LOL.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: May 16, 2008 03:55PM

That's good advice...thanks! I did start out missing salad dressing too. I find that lemon, avo and tomato mashed together (as in a molested kale salad) is a super fantastico salad dressing! It's sooooo juicy. I just love it.

Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: May 16, 2008 04:14PM

fresh orange juice. yum

Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: May 18, 2008 05:16PM

I like lemon juice and avocado with herbs like basil and oregano. I eat a large romaine, tomato, and celery salad every day with the previously mentioned combo. I mix it up in a large bowl and it combines to make it's own dressing. I never get tired of it. It's pretty much my favorite meal. I think it's really because of the romaine.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables