Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
F1 Thread
Posted by: Mocha ()
Date: December 11, 2007 01:55PM

*Disclaimer: F1 - I know that I am not you, obviously, and your dietary regime or workout routine may not necessarily suit me, and vice -versa, but strictly out of pure curiosity, and the curiosity of others, I wish to ask you a few questions and hope I will get more in-sight on how you live and that which may apply to my lifestyle.
Also know that I have watched all of your videos and these questions I wasn't able to answer w/there help alone.

F1 I find myself looking at some of the amazing things you have accomplished and

1) I wonder exactly what you do eat on a daily basis (I remember that you once said you drank only orange juice one day, I find that interesting for someone like you to maintain such bulk w/ orange juice - once again, I am not criticizing, but just intrigued) and that you believe in eating less to maximize absorption of the nutrients, is that correct? If so, how much is enough, for instance do you only have one meal a day to monitor your intake or do you just eat until you're full? - or perhaps you may eat more on some days then others?

2) I know you promote outdoor exercise; I was wondering do you ever use a gym or standard weights? If you do, how many times a day/week - do you have rest days or days when you go lighter on yourself? If so, are those days premeditated or one of those wow! I feel kind of sore today, how about I take a breather, days.

3) Do you have any advice to a beginning raw foodist on how to gain muscle the way you did, fruititarian or 80/10/10rv, or perhaps you can give some pointers on which workouts you included, more frequently, in you day to day efforts?

4) Since fasting plays such a huge part in the lifestyle of other Fruitarians that I have spoken with, such as Viktoras K., I was curious if you ever fast in complement to your dietary practices?

5) Finally, is your book almost ready to be released or is there any other exciting information of yours that you would like to share?
Thank you so much for your time,
Mocha

> Myspace: [www.myspace.com]
> Blog: [chefdemocha.blogspot.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: F1 Thread
Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: December 11, 2007 02:24PM

Unfortunately, he won't give you a detailed reason or description on some of your questions.
His general answers are well documented on his site though.

Date: December 11, 2007 03:14PM

I gave it a shot and whatever F1 replies is good enough - I just have read a lot of his information and the replies that He gives others and I cannot find detailed responses to any of these questions (not saying that He has never given any). I just wanted to put them to Bed, like I said, out of my own curiosity and that of others.

Also, if He gives me the all clear, I would love to put this 'interview' or 'questionnaire', if you will, on my blog.
And please remember F1 that I am doing this not to copy you in anyway - just to gain some in-sight into a person's, which I find very inspiring, lifestyle.

Date: December 11, 2007 06:53PM

tanawana Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Unfortunately, he won't give you a detailed reason
> or description on some of your questions.
> His general answers are well documented on his
> site though.
Who are you to speak for me!!!

F1

Date: December 11, 2007 06:57PM

Just only my guess, speak for yourself then and answer him maybe??
And please, don't be so sensitive, no one is out to get yo :O)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2007 06:59PM by tanawana.

Date: December 11, 2007 07:33PM

Hey Mocha

Thanks for being so respectful, that means a lot to me....

As I said in my video's, people always want to know what I do and how I live/eat but my problem is that I don't spend my life analizing everything I do and I don't want to, that was cool when I first started out but now I've moved on, plus what I do depends on the seasons, climate, activities, etc, so sometimes it's next to impossible to give people the answers they want because what I say may change the week after because of a change in climate, etc....plus I don't focus on food and with all the questions regarding food it can be a huge drag, like I say, I'm not trying to be rude, I just find talking about food and what I eat EXTREMELY boring, unproductive and not what we should be focusing on, plus I role in life is not to please peoples curiosity, I got better things to do with my time.

Having said that you seem to have your head screwed on the right way so....

To answer yours and anyone elses questions...

1) I just eat when I need to and stop when I get the signal and as far as I'm concerned that's all the thought I need to put into it, I don't see food as a treat, it's only to replace what you use up during activity.

2) I train outdoors come rain or shine if I have to I can do the same indoors, with what I do I can do anything anywhere, I have no routine I train everyday because I want to, I only do bodyweight exercises and power hiking/sprints and some conditioning drills, I'm always exploring, my main aim is to have fun playing and nothing is set in stone.

3) My advice to new raw foodists can be found in the videos, but it goes like this, going raw is like training to be a navy seal, you gotta want it bad, it's a total mind and body over haul so make sure your going raw for the right reasons and make sure your in it for the long haul, find activities you love and do them intensly, stay active and realise that you will not make significant gains in performance or growth until you are clean internaly and are ready for rebuilding, food is not the solution, you have a process to go through and there's no escaping from it.

4) In the fall/winter I don't need to eat very often if at all, sometimes I will go a day without having anything, even when active, I don't do that intentionally it's just how it goes sometimes but in the the Texas summer I have to stay hydrated, I don't fast intentionally.

5) My book is still a work in progress and it's looking like my "F.I.T System" DVD will be finished before the book is.

Hope that helped.

Btw ...do what you want with this info, it's here to share.

F1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2007 07:37PM by The Fruitarian One.

Date: December 11, 2007 07:43PM

tanawana Wrote:
> Just only my guess, speak for yourself then and
> answer him maybe??
> And please, don't be so sensitive, no one is out
> to get yo :O)

Take it anyway you want, I just don't need you to speak for me...simple as that!

F1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2007 07:44PM by The Fruitarian One.

Date: December 11, 2007 08:28PM

Mocha asked you, "I wonder exactly what you do eat on a daily basis . . ."

You didn't answer that question with nothing but a general answer. It's interesting why you will never answer this question directly though. Instead you get very sensitive about it and lash out at anyone who questions you.

I'm sorry you need to feel this way. You have alot to contribute and many look up to you.

Date: December 11, 2007 09:02PM

Thank you F1 for your reply and the information that you decided to share w/me about your lifestyle ... P.s I would love to meet you and participate in one of your boot camps - where can I go to find out when the next one would be held.
Tanawana, I feel gratitude that you feel as though you are sticking up for me, but none-the-less whatever F1 decided to share is good enough and there is no-longer, or ever was, any reason for argument.
Once again Thank you both,
Mocha
Also, F1 I wish I could look at food solely as nourishment - but when I see a ripe fresh fig or sprouts, I would be lying if I told you that I am eating them for hydration alone smiling smiley

Date: December 11, 2007 09:34PM

BTW ... here is a link to the interview on my blog
[chefdemocha.blogspot.com]

Date: December 11, 2007 09:43PM

tanawana Wrote:
> Mocha asked you, "I wonder exactly what you do eat
> on a daily basis . . ."
>
> You didn't answer that question with nothing but a
> general answer. It's interesting why you will
> never answer this question directly though.
> Instead you get very sensitive about it and lash
> out at anyone who questions you.
>
> I'm sorry you need to feel this way. You have alot
> to contribute and many look up to you.

Now whose lashing out/being sensitive???...ha,ha

Ha,ha...tell me, what purpose would it serve to hide what I eat....and does it really mean that much?...actually I forgot to answer that part of the question but it was interesting to see you twist that to make your argument, you mustn't have a very high opinion of me to begin with to take that stance....frankly I really don't care what you want to say, you can just get to the back of the queue of people that wanna get bent at me over food.

This is exactly why I don't like doing this stuff....somebody always wants to find fault, my answers concerning this subject just gets people mad because they think I'm holding out, on a personal level it seems like the more I try to get away from focusing on food the more angry people get and this is why I'm not going to be posting on rawfood forums, it's obvious that I'm just going in a different direction, I've discussed and shared many, many, many times what I eat in the past, infact you can download the raw summit interview where I say generally what I eat from my forum, there's even a video on it, there's many interviews I've done on the subject and the so what is the big deal, I've explained politely why I don't focus on food and I've answered the questions and still someone wants to find fault, so it's a no win situation for me.

Like I said before what I eat is not fixed or set in stone and is really of no importance to me, so when people ask me what I eat I will always give them a general idea, after all what's the point of saying I eat oranges when I may have nothing that day, a good example of this is what mocha read about me only having oranges, well it just so happens that I've been on bananas for the past couple of days because of a change in climate but that will change very soon, to what I don't know, so yes a general answer is all I can give...for me nothing is a given and I can take nothing for granted and that's all I have, now if that isn't a good enough answer for you then your simply just gonna have to stay mad at me!!!

Be good and take care

F1

Posted by: selenes512 ()
Date: December 11, 2007 09:51PM

F1

I totally respect and understand where you are coming from. I think that its great to not be so focused on food. Maybe the reason people get confused by you is that you call yourself "Fruitarian One" and your website if "Fruitarian Fitness". So in that way, you are advertising a certain way of eating, but then dont want to talk about eating at all. I'm not critisizing you, I'm suggesting that maybe it would help you relieve some of your frustration about this if you were to advertise yourself in a way you would prefer to talk about. It would certainly help a lot of people's confusion. I personally dont care what you eat at all, as l.ong as you nourish yourself it doesnt matter really, but you are definately sending mixed signals. Thats all it is really, I dont think anybody is trying to be negative to you.

Date: December 11, 2007 09:59PM

Mocha Wrote:
> Thank you F1 for your reply and the information
> that you decided to share w/me about your
> lifestyle ... P.s I would love to meet you and
> participate in one of your boot camps - where can
> I go to find out when the next one would be held.
> Tanawana, I feel gratitude that you feel as though
> you are sticking up for me, but none-the-less
> whatever F1 decided to share is good enough and
> there is no-longer, or ever was, any reason for
> argument.
> Once again Thank you both,
> Mocha
> Also, F1 I wish I could look at food solely as
> nourishment - but when I see a ripe fresh fig or
> sprouts, I would be lying if I told you that I am
> eating them for hydration alone smiling smiley

Your most welcome Mocha...I really have no issue with sharing anything as I have showed in the past but some people just can't tolerate what I have to share and I don't have room for the negativity/fears of others!

There's nothing wrong with being attracted to food, it's what you do with it that matters, as far as I'm concerned, getting over and working through our emotional attachments to food is one of the hardest tasks you will come up against while going raw and it's an achievement that I hold dear to my heart and is the reason why food is simply nourishment to me, yeah it may make some people mad that I don't have a fixed menu but hey they are not me and I'm not them.

You take care buddy and...

Be good

F1

Date: December 11, 2007 10:04PM

Mocha Wrote:
> BTW ... here is a link to the interview on my
> blog
> [chefdemocha.blogspot.com]
> r-interview.html

Ha,ha....nice one!!!

I'm truly honoured man, thankyou!!!

F1

Date: December 11, 2007 10:07PM

Mocha Wrote:
> Thank you F1 for your reply and the information
> that you decided to share w/me about your
> lifestyle ... P.s I would love to meet you and
> participate in one of your boot camps - where can
> I go to find out when the next one would be held.
> Tanawana, I feel gratitude that you feel as though
> you are sticking up for me, but none-the-less
> whatever F1 decided to share is good enough and
> there is no-longer, or ever was, any reason for
> argument.
> Once again Thank you both,
> Mocha
> Also, F1 I wish I could look at food solely as
> nourishment - but when I see a ripe fresh fig or
> sprouts, I would be lying if I told you that I am
> eating them for hydration alone smiling smiley

Oh, forgot your bootcamp question, juss when ever your in Dallas, Texas holla at me and we'll do some Fruitarian Fitness!..ha,ha!

F1

Date: December 11, 2007 10:17PM

selenes512 Wrote:
> F1
>
> I totally respect and understand where you are
> coming from. I think that its great to not be so
> focused on food. Maybe the reason people get
> confused by you is that you call yourself
> "Fruitarian One" and your website if "Fruitarian
> Fitness". So in that way, you are advertising a
> certain way of eating, but then dont want to talk
> about eating at all. I'm not critisizing you, I'm
> suggesting that maybe it would help you relieve
> some of your frustration about this if you were to
> advertise yourself in a way you would prefer to
> talk about. It would certainly help a lot of
> people's confusion. I personally dont care what
> you eat at all, as l.ong as you nourish yourself
> it doesnt matter really, but you are definately
> sending mixed signals. Thats all it is really, I
> dont think anybody is trying to be negative to
> you.

Hi there, so does that mean that Fruitarian Fitness means doing push ups while eating a banana...ha,ha..juss a jokey joke!

yeah I hear what your saying and your correct if your focus is on food, to me it all comes down to interpretation and to me the word Fruitarian/Raw Vegan means so much more than food simply because to be a Fruitarian/Raw Vegan you have to deal with a lot of other things other than food, such as emotional health, fitness, social situations, etc, so to me it's a lifestyle that covers a mulitude of things, for instance on my forum we discuss food but it's not the primary focus because there's so much more to going raw!

Personaly I think that people are just conditioned to focus on food....period

Be good

F1

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2007 10:24PM by The Fruitarian One.

Date: December 11, 2007 10:34PM

Alright folks I'm done ...see ya!!

F1

Date: December 11, 2007 10:59PM

selenes512 Wrote:
> F1
>
> I totally respect and understand where you are
> coming from. I think that its great to not be so
> focused on food. Maybe the reason people get
> confused by you is that you call yourself
> "Fruitarian One" and your website if "Fruitarian
> Fitness". So in that way, you are advertising a
> certain way of eating, but then dont want to talk
> about eating at all. I'm not critisizing you, I'm
> suggesting that maybe it would help you relieve
> some of your frustration about this if you were to
> advertise yourself in a way you would prefer to
> talk about. It would certainly help a lot of
> people's confusion. I personally dont care what
> you eat at all, as l.ong as you nourish yourself
> it doesnt matter really, but you are definately
> sending mixed signals. Thats all it is really, I
> dont think anybody is trying to be negative to
> you.

No the confusing part is being on a rawfood forum with the views/opinions I have!!!

And for that I take the blame....

see ya...honest...ha,ha

F1

Posted by: paulieGB ()
Date: May 13, 2008 05:01PM

Hey, Fruitarian one,

I just wanted to ask you, if you have ever had any signs of malnourishment like being very cold and pale and also hair loss, since being raw and since eating all fruitarian ?

Ow and also did you eat greens when you first started out ? and if so why and when did you stop eating them ?

By the way you look really good and solid in you pics, well done to you.

Cheers,
Paulie.

Date: May 13, 2008 08:12PM

No none at all!

I forced myself to drink greens for about 3 days in the beginning because everybody said I'd die without it and absolutely hated it, it didn't resonate with my spirit, so I stopped.

F1

Posted by: paulieGB ()
Date: May 13, 2008 08:23PM

Thank you very much.

Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: May 14, 2008 10:14AM

I have looked at your site and I have read your posts. If a person doesn't want to share what they eat that is their choice. My question is more about your photos. Are the pictures of food between your photos some things that uou have made/eaten or are they some random photos that you have pulled- for decor? If you made them then I think you're quite artful in your presentation.

Date: May 14, 2008 02:43PM

gorillawar Wrote:
> I have looked at your site and I have read your
> posts. If a person doesn't want to share what they
> eat that is their choice. My question is more
> about your photos. Are the pictures of food
> between your photos some things that uou have
> made/eaten or are they some random photos that you
> have pulled- for decor? If you made them then I
> think you're quite artful in your presentation.

Oh no I don't prepare my "nutrition" it comes already prepped for me...Mother nature is my chef!...ha,ha...

F1

Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: May 16, 2008 01:22AM

F-1,
you said: "
well it just so happens that I've been on bananas for the past couple of days because of a change in climate but that will change very soon, to what I don't know

what do you mean change in climate? I mean what food goes with what climate etc?
thats very interesting
Rob

Date: May 16, 2008 03:26PM

roadrunner Wrote:
> F-1,
> you said: "
> well it just so happens that I've been on bananas
> for the past couple of days because of a change in
> climate but that will change very soon, to what I
> don't know
>
> what do you mean change in climate? I mean what
> food goes with what climate etc?
> thats very interesting
> Rob

Wassup Rob!!!!

I can only speak for myself but by that I mean that certain fruits have certain properties, for instance watermelons are very cooling, that's why it's commonly associated with the summer time, so that's why I stated that the climate as well as other variables dictate what and when I consume.....it's spring so I'm on grapefruits, this has been going on for years, I don't know why, it just happens in the spring, any other time I'm pretty much just living off oranges for some reason and I've pretty much been liquidarian for the last 3 months.

Hope that helped RR

F1

Posted by: laurieforti ()
Date: May 17, 2008 08:58PM

F1> ... I'm on grapefruits, ... I'm pretty much just living off oranges for some reason ...

Do be careful with acid fruits: oranges, grapefruit,
pineapples, ... as they dissolve teeth ON CONTACT.

Don't believe this? Rub your teeth together and they will
feel smooth. Eat a section of citrus, rub again. Now, they
will feel like sandpaper because the acids have etched
calcium out of the surface.

I have seen people dissolve their teeth right down to the
gums by eating citrus.

IF one MUST eat them there are two protective options:

1> juice them and drink the juice with a straw; this
minimizes contact with the teeth,

2> Store the juice in the fridge in a jar with a piece of
coral in it.

Coral is calcium carbonate, CaCO3; it will neutralize
the fruit acids and provide some additional dietary calcium.

The first physical signs of damage are gumline
erosion, a little groove cut near the gumline one can feel
with a fingernail, and/or pain in this area if dried fruits
(concentrated sugars) are eaten.

The cutting edge of the incisors also become eroded,
transparent, and eventuality chip off.

One can easily recognize heavy citrus eaters by this
characteristic erosion of their incisors.

I now call acid fruits: The Seductive Assassin because one
feels so GOOD eating lots of citrus while one is
simultaneously losing one's teeth.

Laurie

--
Scientifically-credible info on plant-based human diets:
[ecologos.org]
news:alt.food.vegan.science

Date: May 17, 2008 09:40PM

Ha,ha....well I must be the chosen one because I've found the opposite to be true!

If the citrus that I have really dissolved my teeth on contact I would of had no teeth years ago....

But everybody is entitled to their opinion..like I said I can only speak for myself.

F1

Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: May 17, 2008 10:45PM

Right on! That makes sense. I too have been on oranges for a while mostly, and of course bananas. I do your ab workouts regularly, russion twists,leg raises crunches etc etc, does the "hanging skin" ever go away from when I was fat?
I was 250 pounds just over a year ago, I have the six pack forming and showing up nicely its just right there at the waistline theres that annoying skin there thats stretched out from my gut that I had going on but now its just annoying.
Guess Ill just keep bustin my ass and workin on it!
Rob

Posted by: Context ()
Date: May 17, 2008 11:31PM

excellent stuff F1... sounds like your body is transitioning nicely to the diet it is intended for.

P.S. Your inspriring me big time, I am now eating only one meal a day of fruit. The rest I am drinking orange juice. It seems as though my stomach doesnt like the feeling of being full anymore... it is uncomfortable.

Date: May 17, 2008 11:46PM

That's interesting Context. I love hearing of other peoples eating habits, even after all this time doing this, especially those different than the norm.

I choose to eat "my own way" that works for me and it was scary at first, especially when everything I read or heard told me to do otherwise. Wish I had the knowledge now or even available at my beginnings.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables