Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Just a wish
Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: May 23, 2008 06:18PM

I wish that I could live in a raw food community. I would love to find a place that is close enough to a town that I could continue to work but also take part in growing food for a community that could be shared.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Just a wish
Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: May 23, 2008 06:58PM

hey a wish is a powerful thing! and a wish written down is even more powerful. and a wish spoken out loud... well, that's magic.

i'll be listening for you to shout it from the rooftops today!

Posted by: Joanne81 ()
Date: May 23, 2008 07:08PM

I wish that too. Hey, lets start one. smiling smiley It would be great to be able to get food locally from organic community gardens. Maybe the gardens could run on membership. Therefore it belongs to the members. Everyone would just pay a fee that would in total cover the expenses of seeds, property, ect... It could have gardens, fruit trees and a large greenhouse (possibly). There would be a few employees (employed by members) responsible for organizing workers and bookkeeping. Members could contribute to community composting and each member is entitled to X amount of produce every week. The members are responsible to donate a little time every week to working at the gardens. It could also include a cultural center for art, music, dancing, poetry, hanging out in nature, meditation, yoga, ect... It could also have a raw restaurant and juice bar. Volunteer chefs can use the produce from the gardens to make yummy meals for the members on certain days. What do you think?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2008 07:11PM by Joanne81.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 23, 2008 07:31PM

Hey! A community has to start with at least ONE person! Why not BE that person? Buy some land....and work to support yourself and the land...and invite others to come and share in your abundance! smiling smiley Heck...it's what I do.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: May 23, 2008 07:43PM

My community would be built with cob houses and thatched roofs and would produce a lot of organic produce for the surrounding community as a cash crop.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: May 23, 2008 07:48PM

Storm and Jinjee are ACTUALLY starting a raw vegan village... so cool! *drool*

I recently decided I have to move into the city because there is NO raw community here (and on limited income, living in an apartment building, with nobody who shares the same interests, I can't start my own at this point in my life). I've got to get out, meet people, start doing something. I don't even know what that something is, but there are plenty of options where there are plenty of people.

It would be easy if raw food were really just a diet--then I could keep passively shopping at Whole Foods and go on with where I am now. But I'm realizing more and more, it's shifting my entire persona, taking me into some kind of upward spiral. Every time you do something good for yourself, you feel good and want to do more good--but you also have more energy, that also seems to tend toward doing good--so every time something cleans up or grows, you have even more energy to keep cleaning and growing, and this ALSO connects to personal life/community/planet. Like I am sprouting toward the sky and this room full of stuff I bought when I was in a compromised state is starting to crumble beneath me.

WOO HOO!!!!

But anyway, I totally hear your sentiment. I've met some really cool people in the raw/vegan community in Toronto, so for me, trekking off there to explore new worlds is the best I can do right now! =D (I should be moving in about a month. Hopefully.)

Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: May 23, 2008 08:25PM

EARTH SHIPS! My dream would include a community of earthships surrounding a central plaza lined with fruit trees. All the plants surrounding the houses would be edible. Imagine having kale or chard rather than hostas, window boxes with lettuce, pots of raspberries rather than petunias. beyond the earthship ring would be the communal gardens where everyone would work at least part of the week.

I have been toying with moving to Florida, Arizona, or California. Florida would be the most affordable. I have to sell my house in the Northeast. Maybe I'll come be your neighbor DZM.

[www.earthship.net]

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 23, 2008 09:27PM

Ha! ha! Yes. The hard reality (in America) is these things are just a matter of money. ANY land can be made a paradise. It just happens to be easier without the snow! smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: May 24, 2008 01:32AM

Gorillawar, you just made me imagine something like Candy Land--but raw vegan style.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: May 24, 2008 01:42AM

Come with me to Hawaii in October..since that's where I'm headed for. I started plans to get there today since it will take my dog 120 days before they let him in.
[www.gaiayoga.org] This is where I want to be the week of October 1st thru the 8th with plans on staying for as long as they let me! So, in other words I'll be moving there if they say 'ok, come on over'!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
About GaiaYoga

Aloha,

Welcome to the GaiaYoga website. This website is geared towards two primary functions. To share the vision of GaiaYoga with people, and to attract people to GaiaYoga Gardens, to join us in co-creating an intentional community, permaculture homestead, and learning & healing center, on the Big Island of Hawaii.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You can follow along my own path to my dream of living in Hawaii at my raw food diary called Raw Notes. Start on page 4, around date 5/23/08..near last of the posts there.

See you all there!

Love,
Prism

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 24, 2008 01:47AM

I have a similar dream.

Right now I feel so lucky to have the land to plant lots of food and be far from the city. I would love to have more like minded people around but I have a few and life is good!

Storm and Jinjee's place is great because there is opportunity to work within the community. I would love that for us. My husband drives far and isn't with us enough.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 24, 2008 05:34AM

Just be wary of investing any money in Storm & Jinjee. If anyone wants to know what I'm talking about PM me, I'm not going to discuss it here right now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables