Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

no sweet fruit today, only salad
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 26, 2008 04:21AM

I had not one, not two, but three of my usual monster salads, about 12 cups each. Mostly romaine, with zucchini (I bought a different kind today, the kind that look like baby watermelon), carrot, mung sprouts, avocado, tomato, onion, broccoli, beet, walnuts, olive oil, red wine vinegar. It's a lot more fun with my kiwi shredder. So great that I had to have another one about 4 hours later and another one a few hours after that.

Needless to say there was no room or thought for sweet fruit today.

Does anyone else have only veg salad days? It was my first ever.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: no sweet fruit today, only salad
Date: May 26, 2008 05:24AM

Yes, I love salad soooo much. I definitely get my share of greens. My favorite salad of all is tons of organic asian or spring greens with an avocado, raw kalamata olives, and tomatoes. For dressing I just toss it all with some of the juice from the olives. I eat it almost every day, it's just too too too good.

Some days I eat only greens and salad, no fruit. If I'm not in the mood for fruit I can't abide eating it. Usually the next day after an all salad day, I'm really in the mood for fresh fruit for breakfast.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 26, 2008 02:11PM

Sometimes I will make a salad for no other reason than I am hungry and I will start eating it and it is like something switches on in me and it is the best thing in the world. I start gobbling and have to eat more and more till I am so full, overly so. Then I am pretty much done for the day. I have always been drawn more to salad than fruit but that is changing for me. I think the healthier I get the more I want fruit. I want to move toward a mostly fruit diet so I am happy it is what my body seems to be doing. I have been eating blackberries lately because we have them in abundance in our woods. I am surprised that I can eat just blackberries and be not only satisfied but really happy. It feels really good emotionally as well as physically. I have never gotten that from fruit before. I can feel my relationship with food evolving to a new level. It has been almost two years since changing to a high raw diet.

Posted by: sweetlime ()
Date: May 26, 2008 04:30PM

wow so inspiring! I love fruit and it satisfies my cravings for sweets but I`m often scared that my cravings for savory foods will not be satisfied but such creative salads seem to be just the right thing for me to eat!

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: May 26, 2008 06:10PM

all that chewing..what a chore!!

I like to blend my greens..hehe.. although sometimes I do sit and eat romaine at my desk..that does get some funny looks smiling smiley

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: May 26, 2008 06:36PM

i prefer greens to sweet fruit these days. my body is continuing to expand and heal and greens is all it seems to want right now. green smoothies and monster salads. i'm especially loving sprout salads. i used to eat a lot of sweet & citrus fruit, but i can only handle apples and oranges 2-3x per week. i generally stick to tomatoes and cucumbers for my fruit.

salads are great.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 26, 2008 08:34PM

alas no altough that sonds pry healthey! i have more fruit days though. but i start my day with a smoothie so there is normaly fruit in that.

your saled sounds good much beeter than my in the bag mix, currents, and sunflouer seeds with bragg vinegeret. boooooooooring!!! i think i might try that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables