Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Wanting High Fat AGAIN?!
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: May 28, 2008 09:17PM

So I've been high raw (at least 80%, mostly 95 and up) since the beginning of this year....I started out eating a lot of fat for about a month or two and then cut back to 20% or so calories from fat (high calorie diet, about 2,400 calories a day average but I exercise every day).

Well, now, these past couple weeks, I am craving high-fat items again, such as nuts and avocados and cacao, and I have just been eating what I've been craving, along with my usual high-fruit and salads, but I just don't know whether I should fight the cravings for high-fat items and limit myself or give in and figure it will pass? Any insights?

[utopiankitchen.wordpress.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wanting High Fat AGAIN?!
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: May 28, 2008 10:25PM

I would try to use the freshest, most living fats if you have to eat them--avocados and young coconuts before nuts and cacao.

Have you tried eating sprouts?

Is it the "fullness" feeling you are missing?

I battle with fats every day. Good luck. I think if you hardwired your body to expect fullness from fats, it can take a VERY long time to break.

Maybe try including some more fat... increasing your percentage slightly. When I want lots of fat, I know "eat what you are craving" can be a dangerous thing.

Fats ARE good for a lot of things, especially the brain, they play a huge role in regulating emotions.

Maybe you need to approach reducing fats the same way you would approach going raw: set very small goals you KNOW you can keep, and then move on from there. One foot before the other. I have made huge progress this way--I went from half a pound of nuts or more in a day to making a quarter pound of nuts last a week (and a lot of other things I stopped buying/buy less frequently). So, if the cravings hit hard, maybe you are cutting too much out too quickly.

Date: May 28, 2008 10:39PM

No, I think it's not the fullness but the emotional aspect or maybe mental/brain-related function of fat in my diet. I feel depressed without it.

I was eating sprouts at least a huge container of them once a week and stopped that....surprise - three weeks ago. Maybe that is why?

I also stopped eating a Brazil nut a day because I was running out.

Thank you for your input. smiling smiley

[utopiankitchen.wordpress.com]

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: May 28, 2008 11:08PM

Coconut!

YUM! I'm eating some right now.

Date: May 28, 2008 11:10PM

I don't like coconut that much but will use it sparingly.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 28, 2008 11:52PM

I've been putting a tsp of coconut in my fruit salads lately and it really hits the spot.

I also have been using avocado more than olive oil.

I think a little bit of fat can go a long way to make a food taste better and be more satisfying.

You can still have your fat and eat it too, if you are judicious with it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables