Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

CANDIDA - my SAD friend has it - he wants to go RAW PLEASE HELP
Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: May 30, 2008 05:04PM

HI

I just met a sad eater who back awhile ago was given LOADS of medication that just left him miserable..here a bit of his letter to me...

I became ill and the doctor gave me antibiotics a while ago. They were very strong broad spectrum that kills everything bad and good bacteria in the body. At the time I was very uneducated about the dangers of overdosing on Antibiotics.

The doctor gave me too many drugs and really didn't know what he was doing. Well has time when on I noticed I was getting itchy skin, weekness, burning, bloating, pain in my digestive system, and a very poor memory along with a few other symptoms.

I kept going back to doctors to run tests and everything seemed to check out.

I did so much research about the human body and nutrition. Well after researching I decided to get a stool analysis and the tests came back as a Dybosis Infection. Basically I have bad bacteria and candida infection in my body. I have been on a slow recovery and I have been feeling better everyday when I eat healthy, but I have a weekness and sometimes I cheat off of the diet that I am supposed to be on.

I have a very fast metabolism so it is very hard to stay on this diet without loosing weight. I used to be a bodybuilder and I weighed about 185 lbs., I have dropped down to about 165. I still look good, but I would like to be back to the weight I used to be.

I currently try and eat a very low sugar diet and I do take vitamins and minerals along with enzymes to help with my digestion. It has been helping me out greatly. I am very interested in eating raw vegan type diet. I know if I could be dedicated without cheating for at least 6 weeks I think it will help my health out greatly.

I have a good life and have a great job, but I know if I eat things that my body does not like then I pay for it.

He wanted my advice, but I am posting here because I KNOW that many of you have MORE knowledge thatn I concerning this matter..

Please offer any advice you can, I just sent him an e-mail to join our forum..

THank you all for your time!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CANDIDA - my SAD friend has it - he wants to go RAW PLEASE HELP
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 30, 2008 05:10PM

Welcome. From my own research, I think any person with this particular pre-existing condition would do fine eating a high greens / sprouts type diet....with only small amounts of fruits or fats....until the condition remedies itself. Plenty of sunlight, light exercise, fresh air, pure water, and joyful living would also be required. Along with realistic goal-setting.....and facing down/acting towards ones fears. Just my opinion.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: May 30, 2008 07:36PM

Dr. Gabriel Cousens talks about yeast in his books and says the same things: high greens and sprouts, lay off the sweet fruit for a while (yeast love sugar) and mushrooms until the yeast problem are under control. Also, a good probiotic and raw garlic are really good yeast killers. I used to have a lot of yeast, but laying off sugar and adding garlic and probiotics got rid of the problem (it's been months and the problem was chronic). Good luck.

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: May 31, 2008 01:57AM

we FINALLY broke the candida cycle my husband has been struggling with for years- he's not raw or vegan, but he eats whatever i make him unless he's in the mood to cook. mostly he absorbs what i talk about and over the years adjusts.

so the key things we got rid of-
wheat -in all forms
corn- except fresh, but even that only rarely
beer- man loves him some beer, but it's really BAD, grows yeast instantly
any unsoaked grains or legumes- we still soak and cook
OJ- except fresh handsqueezed, something about OJ really set the yeast off
coffee
vinegar
most white sugar/honey/natural sweeteners- except molasses
dairy- except the occasional tzadziki sauce

he's not a big sweet fruit eater, and he's a big guy, so i had to incorporate a lot of greens, lovely salads with nuts and seeds and fruit and arugula and asortment of baby greens. at least 1/2 lb of greens a day. some berries. avocadoes- lotsa avocadoes. and whatever veggies/dish i make up. we got a farm share and have just been getting creative.

{the rest of his diet varies- usually he eats meat and yogurt at work (greek restaurant), and whatever else wherever- though it takes a while for him to recover from most of these cheating things, and as time goes on he cheats less and less b/c he hates to feel bad, even for a day.}

giving up coffee was an essential part of it all. now he drinks mate.

this is our maintenance diet- he's done long fasts, cleanses, and recently had a more intensive anti-candida regime with probiotic rich foods. he still won't mess with my kim-chi, but maybe someday.

peace-

Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: May 31, 2008 06:45PM

Thank you all so very much, My friend has joined the forum and has read the posts..I wish he would RESPOND!!

What do you guys think about Doug Graham's appraoch..
That Candida is caused not by sugar (fruit) but by fat.

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: May 31, 2008 07:00PM

With Dr. Graham's approach many have had success. There is no denying that. I have found those that fail usually incorrectly realize the amount of fat they have in their diet or leave out mentioning some additional detail of what they eat. Judging from what your friend wrote though, Dr. Graham may be a big shift in viewpoint which I question him actually following correctly then. There are too many SAD ways of thinking I see in the letter unfortunately.

But, if followed correctly, it should take no more than a few days to a week to know. Following his approach correctly is the key. Try a consult if he or she is serious. E-mail him, it doesn't cost anything.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables