Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Questions about SAD and raw food
Posted by: Weronika ()
Date: June 01, 2008 06:51PM

Hi!
I have a question!

I know its better to be 75% raw than being 50 % raw. But how do our boddies cope with SAD nutrition?
For example if we eat 15% SAD is our body not taking all the nutrition from the raw food to heal our bodies but instead working to clean our body from the SAD food? Do you understand my question?

Another thing.
Most of the days I eat 100% raw but some days I have not eaten much raw at all. For instance I will be going to Madrid next weekend to visit some friends (I will stay at my friends place). These friends looooves SAD food. My best friend there have 4 years of education ( at the best college of education in hotel and restaurant in the world) to become a chef and her boyfriend and brother loves food aswell and its a way for them to relax and "enjoy life". So this trip will be with a lot of food and alcohol. I will of course eat as healthy as I can but I will not reject their food and that is my choice. I dont want them to feel like I dont appreciate staying with them and meeting them and that will be the case if I reject theire dinners etcetera. So do you have a tip how is the best way to get back to a more stable body (being raw) as fast as possible when I come back. Im thinking about jucing and mixing shakes (thats my favourite now).

I will be there fri-monday. So aprox 3 days of not being raw...

Thanks for any replyies and suggestions.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Questions about SAD and raw food
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 01, 2008 08:09PM

How does our body handle SAD nutrition? It tries to pull some nutrition out of it....but mostly it expends its own reserves of enzymes to break it down. It's the ELIMINATORY faculties that get a workout with cooked foods....heh..heh.

-If you need to get back to healthy eating....you just do it. Eat an increasing amount of fresh fruits and vegetables.....until you reach the consistent level that YOU are comfortable with. Light fasting, juicing, sunlight, light exercise, yoga, skin brushing, sungazing, meditating, abdominal massage, pure water, enemas.......all of these things will generally speed up detox. Nuts, Avocados, coconuts....along with processed oils, salts, medications, stress and chemicals will usually slow down or short-circuit detox.

-Have fun! smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: June 01, 2008 08:27PM

[But how do our boddies cope with SAD nutrition? ]

Lots of different ways.

Cooking creates glycotoxins.

About 90% of the glycotoxins are elminated by the kidneys (in healthy people). The other 10% hang around in the long-lived tissues and wreak havoc. But (from a paper I read today) their havoc is not considered to be as great as being overweight or smoking. From another paper I read today, one could consider Aging in general to be another example of the Maillard reaction.

In the usual low fiber diet, there will be not so much of the short-chain fatty acids in the plasma that help keep the cardiovascular system in good shape. But raw foodists who rely heavily on juices will also have this problem.

There will also be more problems with the colon and rectum, which need fiber to do their jobs properly.

In a typical SAD diet almost devoid of protective phytochemicals, there will be accelerated aging, free radical damage, and increased risks for cancers. Your body will fight these with its natural defenses (endogenous production of antioxidants, antioxidant recycling, immune system suppression or activation depending on the lifestyle).

Most young people can eat horribly and still look and feel good because their bodies are so good at coping. But we start diverging based on lifestyles in our 30s. We see bigger differences with time.

The take home message is:

eat mostly (or all) plants
eat them mostly or totally intact

Posted by: Weronika ()
Date: June 01, 2008 08:39PM

Oh thank you! I didnt know that about avokados and nuts!

And the thing about juicing I had no idea! Its good to know

Weronika

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2008 08:42PM by Weronika.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables