Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Food combination and mono eating
Posted by: Rohanbaby ()
Date: June 03, 2008 05:04PM

Hi!

I think on one hand it makes sense not to combine starches, protein and fats etc. in one meal.
On the other hand all foods in nature have more or less a mixture of all the food groups within itself.
Even breastmilk (which is natures` perfect food for babys) is a mixture of carbs, protein and fat?
What is the purpose of doing mono eating then?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Food combination and mono eating
Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: June 03, 2008 05:50PM

Hi Rohanbaby,

You are right, all foods (fruits and veggies) have carbs, protein and fat in them.

Some foods are higher in protein and fat - like avos and nuts. If you eat those foods with high carb sweet fruits, you may run into digestive trouble if your system is sensitive enough.

Starches = grains, tubers, etc, are indigestible and not really fit for human consumption anyway. They have a high carb content, but it is complex carbs and takes forever to digest. So it makes more that you wouldn't want to eat starches with sweet fruits like watermelon or bananas that are also high carb but consist of simple sugars - because the fruit will want to digest super quickly but the starches won't, so it all mixes together and causes a gastronomical mess. smiling smiley

You can eat starches with high protein/high fat/low carb foods because they all take forever to digest...together.

Hope this helps a little! Remember that food combining is more of an art, not a science. Go with what you feel.

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 03, 2008 06:19PM

Right. It's just a case of 'nature' being smarter than we are! Ha! ha! Plant foods are self-contained and have nutrients in an absorbable and well-balanced ratio. Moreover, they contain the enzymes to help to begin to break down these materials when exposed to oxidation. It is my understanding/opinion that the human digestive system released certain digestive juices depending on the foods we are eating. Eating only one thing at a sitting ensures the most complete digestion possible for that type of food item.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 03, 2008 06:49PM

it feel so good..its got to be right!!

and..simple.. no worrying/stress..bla bla bla

just eat what you are drawn to smiling smiley ..one fruit at a time..simple

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: June 03, 2008 09:02PM

I have been doing food combining since the 1980's and it works very well for me but when I started eating mono meals separated by waiting for a slight return of hunger I found that works even better for me.

Posted by: sgc ()
Date: June 03, 2008 09:12PM

Actually, breastmilk is not as simple as a mix as you think.
Its composition changes as the baby grows, and also, for each meal, it starts sweet, and ends fatty to satisfy the baby. So it's not really mixed all together, unlike powdered milk for babies.

Raw Fruit Festival
[www.raw-fruit-festival.net]
Health, Fitness and Fasting Retreats in Spain
[www.fit-in-nature.net]

Posted by: Rohanbaby ()
Date: June 04, 2008 01:16AM

Hey sgc! That is a good point!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables