Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

diversity
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: June 03, 2008 05:27PM

The kids and I couldn't think of anything we wanted to eat. Lately I have been making a salad wth mixed greens, red bells, onions, hemp seed, cucumbers, sunflower seeds and carrots with an oil and vinegar dressing. Yesterday I made that and I was the only one who ate it until my husband got home and finished it off. We are low on food so I had to make a salad again because that is all we have. This time I used romain with pickles (our homemade raw ones...yum), tomatoes, avocado, hemp and sunflower seeds with a honey mustard dressing. I thought we were all sick of salad but it turns out we just needed a change. I am about to make more because everyone is ready for their third bowl and it is all gone. smiling smiley

I could barely get these kids to eat a tiny bit of salad on their plate two years ago and it had to have ranch dressing. YAY!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: diversity
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: June 03, 2008 06:11PM

Yum! I got some basil today and plan on using it for a salad. I also found local organic greens - mixed, spinach, and arugula!

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 03, 2008 06:16PM

Right. Most folks would never think of a marinated 'slaw' type salad with sweet pepper, lemon juice, sunflower seeds. Napa cabbage makes a great slaw type salad. Alternate greens like fresh grown radish greens or Swiss Chard make for a great salad. Kale can be wonderfully hearty with pecans.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: June 03, 2008 09:22PM

I made an amazing salad last night--cherries, peaches, raspberries, strawberries, and greens! I used enough fruit, so for each bite of greens, there was some fruit to go with it.

The possibilities for an awesome salad are ENDLESS. It's funny how you can make something so tasty when it's the day before grocery shopping, too. =D

Date: June 03, 2008 09:44PM

Basil is so good. I have been really into it lately. Mostly blending it in soups.

Thanks for the ideas David. I love Napa. It is hard for me to find a recipe I like with kale. What dressing do you use with it?

Yummy fruit salad, Phantom. My seven Y.O. loves fruit and greens. She LOVES raspberry vinegrette.

After I posted this earlier I went in to make more salad and my 12 y.o. was standing by waiting for it and said "I just love salad. I never would have thought I would say that when I was cooked." A couple hours later my 3 y.o. came and said "I'm hungry for salad." And just now as I am writing this the 7 y.o. said "I know it sounds wierd but I am craving salad. I know I have had so much already." They are fiends. Crazy Salad Fiends.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: June 04, 2008 03:55AM

Crazy salad fiends... that makes me so happy to read!!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 04, 2008 05:06AM

(standing in line with the others)

"seconds please"

thanks pakd smiling smiley

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: June 04, 2008 03:14PM

Is this a cyber potluck? ;P I'm there!!! I love kale salad with avos, tomatoes (if they're good), anything that's growing in the garden (right now radishes, peas, beets and the kale), with a garlicky, limey, tahini miso dressing!!!
Sundancer

Date: June 04, 2008 04:10PM

I love it. Pass that garlicky, limey, tahini miso dressing please!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables