Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fuji apple alternatives???
Posted by: rufio ()
Date: June 06, 2008 05:07AM

I've been using organic fuji apples for my smoothies everyday but they are just too darn expensive @ 2.99/lb. Is there another fruit I can use in lieu of fuji apples that'll give my smoothies that sweetness? I already use a banana and lots of frozen berries. I wish all fruits were as cost-effective as bananas.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fuji apple alternatives???
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: June 06, 2008 05:42AM

I buy organic Gala Apples for $6.99/ 3-lb. bag at the local Publix. That's up recently from $5.99. I'd say pay whatever it takes, if you like Fuji apples.....WY

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 06, 2008 05:29PM

Buy them by the case, a lot cheaper!!

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: June 06, 2008 07:17PM

I've been using dates lately -- about three or four in a smoothie or chocolate almond milk.

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: June 07, 2008 03:25AM

Shop around. The prices where you are aren't going to be the same where I am. I actually passed on a Fuji apple just because it came from New Zealand and I always find their apples to be..OLD. They're like really weird, dry and soggy inside.

Look in your area for local co-ops to buy cheaper and that's where you should get the best deal on cases.

Or buy non-organic and just peel them. Apples here are $1 cheaper than organic..I dont care so much if I'm juicing them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables