Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

candida and 80:10:10
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 01, 2008 02:45PM

I'm trying 80:10:10 (day 4). For the last two days my ears have started itching around 3 AM, worse the last day than the one before. Wondering if all the fruit is making the candida flare up or if it's a die-off reaction. Anyone have experience with candida and 80:10:10?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: candida and 80:10:10
Posted by: irena ()
Date: November 01, 2008 10:19PM

In my case my candida cleared in less than 2 weeks on 811. I had been fighting candida overgrowth for 5 years. I would strongly encourage you to continue with 811.

Posted by: ashleekanaan ()
Date: November 01, 2008 10:20PM

yes I had the saqme problem as well (and still do) the more fruit I eat the more my yeast loves to creep up on me..Instead of the itchiness my symptoms are a little white mucuous in my mouth, and discharge as well, cracking cuticles, and some mood swings...but when I feel it creeping up I revert to more veggies and proteins other than fruit...I love love love fruit so I refuse to stop eating it in large amounts ;-) let me knwo if you have any other questions I have been through A LOT with yeast/digestion/raw diet!!
Good luck!!

Date: November 02, 2008 01:24AM

Thank you both so much for responding. It can feel so lonely out here all alone and itching!

Ashlee, what high protein veggies do you eat? I'm coming up low on my protein. Can't get excited about raw cauliflower and raw broccoli.

Irena, did your candida symptoms get worse before they got better? And do you have any tips for dealing with the itchy ears in the meantime?

Date: November 02, 2008 06:26PM

I have struggled with candida for years and have spent much time being sugar free. well for the last few weeks I have been doing 80/10/10 strictly and my symptoms are getting worse, my "tinea versicolor" skin fungus has returned, dandruff, tired, puffy eyes in the morning, headaches mucus etc... I was told personally by victoria boutanko to try this and so am giving it a go.I would love it if it does work but I do not think it is working . when the skin fungus shows back up, I know the candida is acting up.
it was fine before when I would only do one apple a day in my green smoothie. BUT I love fruit so much that I decided to give it a go... but now after a few weeks I am craving so much fruit that it might be excessive (note: I am eating no fat) I wonder if it is a candida symptom that i am craving so much fruit, or if I have just activated my sugar addiction or emotional eating pattern. either way i can not seem to stop eating fruit now and don't want to but the symptoms seem to be pointing to a candida imbalance,

so, I am in a similar boat as you and would love some feedback

whats the deal with all these candida healings on 80/10/10 and what might I be doing wrong or maybe this just doesn't work for everyone????

also, now that i have done research on this and read 80/10/10 i am convinced that fats are not optimal so I do not want to go back to eating them, but if i cannot eat the fruit and am left with only veggies and sprouts I will
1. not get enough calories and
2. not enjoy my diet and will become bored with just veggies and sprouts

hmm.
but maybe becoming bored is the answer to my overindulging eating patterns (be it fruit now or fats before) haha! I never seem to eat greens or sprouts in an addictive way thats for sure....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2008 06:32PM by violarose.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: November 02, 2008 07:10PM

How fast one recovers from their candida depends on how systemic the damage to the body is before they start. For a person with too much lipids (fats) in the blood stream, getting better on 80/10/10 can be quite rapid (a few weeks). However, if the problem is more systemic, that is, there is more damage to the internal organs, or there are major problems to be addressed, more time might be needed for the body to heal itself.

The other issue is the mind plays big into one's healing. The mind is able to sap all the energy of the body that could be going into healing and instead it goes into emotions or churning or excessive thinking. Being under stress, anxiety, or worry will hinder healing also.

I had toenail fungus that went all the way down to the toenail bed that healed itself on 80/10/10. I thought I was never going to get rid of that when I had it. But as my body healed itself, the need for my body to detox through my toenails went away and I grew new toenails. This whole process took over a year, as toenails take some time to grow out.

One part of going to 80/10/10 that helped my healing was my healing crisis. Within a week of going to 80/10/10, my body went into an acute fatigue, and I found I couldn't function in my work place. So I took a leave of absence from work (for 4 months) and I slept like crazy (16-18 hours at first). And during this healing crisis, my body healed itself in so many ways.

It may be that your body is needed to save up some energy so that it can do a healing crisis, or a huge detox. Of course, the candida itself is detox. I would be patient, and make sure I was providing the conditions for healing for myself: getting lots of rest and sleep, spending time out doors in fresh air, sunshine, nature, removing myself from stress, worry, anxiety, getting regular exercise, etc.

Posted by: ashleekanaan ()
Date: November 02, 2008 08:18PM

Maralynn,
I do not measure the amounts of high protein veggies I eat, maybe I should!
However, I just eat what my body craves...I dont eat raw broccoli or cauliflower (they give me gas) however, I do lightly steam them and they work great for me..in addition to grilled zucchini and squash, carrots, mushrooms (which you may want to stear clear of, they are a fungus in themselves and may irritate your yeast fungus more) I enjoy baked beets, sweet potatoes, avocados and celery too...i also love love love raw corn..Anyhow hope that helpeed!! good luck!!

Posted by: irena ()
Date: November 02, 2008 09:27PM

maralyn,

my symptoms did not get significantly worse before clearing. About a month before going on 811 I gave up grains (I used to sprout some grains and would also do cooked rice or oatmeal from time to time) At that point I really experienced increase of my candida symptoms so I suspect that my candida overgrowth was also related to possible grain allergies.When I went on 811(June of this year)my candida symptoms were already subsided but still had problems with yeast and tiredness. Once on 811 for about 2 weeks all symptoms just simply disappeared. I think for myself personally getting rid of all overt fats except for avocados did the trick.

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: November 03, 2008 01:56PM

80-10-10 has also helped me with my situation in every way, including candida, and I think that what Bryan said was spot on. Dr D mentions in his book that candida is not necessarily fed by sugar alone, but something about the mix of sugar and fat. I cannot remember exactly, but bryan touched on it and you can re-read the section of his book that explains it. Irena too said that getting rid of overt fats helped her. I believe this is key....along with the actual detox the body is doing....which accounts for the itching. I wouldn't go back to anything else...just mho, and I hope that this works out for you. 80-10-10 has saved my life!! Literally!

Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: November 05, 2008 07:06PM

How do you know if you have candida?

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Posted by: ecjames1120 ()
Date: November 06, 2008 04:42AM

I just got the book in mail today and I'm so excited (yay!) Do I sleep, or do I read? Such choices! Anyway, I feel like I've made so many mistakes trying to go raw that I'm grateful to have some 'guidance'. I understand that it's not for everyone, but even if we go our own paths, it's still good to look at a map sometimes. winking smiley

Date: November 12, 2008 11:45PM

I've been on Doug's 80/10/10 diet for a few years now and have stayed consistently candida free. It has really changed my life. High fruit, high greens and low fat have eliminated cravings too. Just stick with it and give yourself tons of grace for the process. I hope that helps! smiling smiley

~Christina
www.thefigboxstore.etsy.com

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: November 16, 2008 03:56PM

Wendysmiling,

There is a spit test you can do that is supposed to tell you if you have candida. You can google it. It is very simple. I never did it because I had every symptom and I had no doubts.

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: November 16, 2008 05:14PM

There is a feces test that Diagnos-Tech does. In my State a Doc has to order it. 25 - 30$ if I remember correctly

Date: November 17, 2008 02:04PM

I am still transitioning, so I do not have personal experience, but I did watch a vid on youtube where a woman said she got rid of hers on 80/10/10. Another person said the sugar in fruit does feed the yeast, but it also feeds the cells. Once the cells are healthy enough, the blood tackles the yeast problem.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables