Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Questions
Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: June 15, 2008 01:37AM

Is there a difference between the organic beans and seeds that I buy in the bulk bins at whole foods and the ones that I would buy from a sprout supplier? I mean other than the price. If so, does anyone have suggestions regarding a reputable supplier? I love sunflower sprouts, does anyone sprout these?

I tried posting this on the sprouting forum but I don 't think many people go there that often.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Questions
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: June 15, 2008 07:19PM

sproutpeople.com is really... the best sprout source ever. The site says they test the seeds for quality, and I've never gotten anything but. Whole Foods always had quality sprouts, too. I've always gotten 100% sprout rates from these... nothing but delicious and lovely sprouts.

Other organic stores... I've been sick all last night because I think I ate some moldy garbanzos (yikes). From non-organic bulk stores, I've gotten okay sprouts, and sprouts that just never sprout.

So, those have been my two most reputable sources, anyway.

Re: Questions
Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: June 16, 2008 02:04AM

I have been getting a lot of things from Whole Foods to sprout but I don't remember seeing things like broccoli seeds, clover,etc. I'll try sproutpeople.com. Thanks for the tip.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables