Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fasting Feedback
Posted by: logan ()
Date: June 17, 2008 12:31PM

Approx 1 year ago I did a 7 day juice fast. It was actually longer because I went into it light and came out of it light.By light I mean a little fruit and salad 2 or three day,s before and 2 or 3 day,s afterwards.The first fast was really incredible,pyschedelic all of the great things one hears about the benefits of fasting.
This time went into it light,7 day,s of juice and broke the fast yesterday.The results where different. I got depressed,agitate,irratable,lonely.How can this be.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fasting Feedback
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 17, 2008 12:49PM

Opinion:

-People think fasting and health is a 'solid/upward' progression. In my experience, fasting/health is often marked with plateaus, backtracks & circling. As such, you may have accumulated blockages in various energy flow at THIS time....or reached a deeper layer of blockages than the simple physical blockages that were cleared out the first time. This is just my speculation. smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: June 17, 2008 01:07PM

I second Dave, the experiences you mentioned are very possible, common as well as to be expected but not a guaranteed result either ;O)

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: June 17, 2008 04:51PM

Embrace your struggles, your blockages... and then break through them! Like all those little plants that manage to explode between the cracks in the sidewalk and reach for the sky.

You're taking your personal healing to a deeper level. Congratulations. >8)

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: June 17, 2008 07:34PM

If you are fasting for the high, you might get disappointed. I've been thinking about this lately in terms of meditation. I've been meditating for a while and I know a guy who pretty much uses it as a sort of shortcut to blissful states. The problem is, done right, you won't always be blissed out. Lately, he hasn't been blissed out and he is disturbed by that.

Anyway... I've fasted in the past and sometimes I feel light and centered and sometimes I feel crabby and tired. Sometimes I don't miss food and sometimes I'm hungry all time time.

I try and let go of what happens when I fast. Sometimes that works. smiling smiley

Lee

"May all beings be happy."

[www.dhamma.org]

Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: June 17, 2008 11:45PM

I find I have more energy than I ever do when I eat, when I DONT eat I am climbing the walls because my body isnt using the large amount of energy it does to digest. But I also find when fasting I am irritable and bitchy because Im CONSTANTLY thinking of food! I think the reason I have less energy on the days I eat is because I OVEREAT! Like today i way over did it with bananas, matterfact I feel like complete s*#t! Ive done a lot of testing lately like NOT overeating and only eating what I need and I then am fine and full of energy but I cannot break free of my overating habits as of yet I am STILL fighting it! This is why I have such a hard time fasting and Im fasting more and more now. Lately Ive been intermittent fasting, 24 hours on 24 hours off from 11 am to 11 am I fast So 11 am Im eather fasting or breaking the fast. It is getting easier. What I did today is since I have an overeating problem well I stuffed my face all day with bananas so as to teach myself a lesson as to not overdo it again and so far its working I dont WANT anything to eat now!
Rob

Posted by: happyway ()
Date: June 20, 2008 03:30AM

..... Whenever toxins are being cleaned out they go into the bloodstream before being eliminated by the kidneys. The blood with the toxins circulates through the whole body including the brain - hence headache. These aches can come and go at anytime according to what is stored in the cells and according to the body's methodology of cleansing and auto-digestion.
..... Unless a person has done many long fasts, eaten a pure diet for years, and lives in a jungle they will always be vulnerable to some unpleasant sensations as certain toxins are released. I have experienced rashes as well as headaches.
..... As you may already know, from your reading: fatigue, backache, & headaches are the most common and vomiting unusual. Other symptoms are also possible. Being symptom free is also possible. Juice "fasting", and other forms of detox diet are considerably slower in detox rate, but do not make one immune from suffering.
….. The body accomplishes numerous tasks during fasting, ( for example: imagine all the reorganization of millions and millions of cells that must take place when a stretched skin and colon are shrunk! - and all the nutritional reserves that are used up in the process - which limits the length of the fast - minerals in particular maybe a limiting factor, so a fast may end long before cleansing is complete in terms of eliminating toxins - thus having done one fast does not guaranty that the next one will be symptom free). When we fast we roll the dice. Energy level can vary dramatically.
..... During a period of heavy elimination it is recommended to make extra sure one is drinking enough water - perhaps temporarily increasing the amount. And of course whenever possible rest is recommended, when fasting for health reasons, so that the body can focus all it's energy on healing.
.…. Wise fasters reframe the sensations and symptoms as something to be grateful for because they are signs of cleansing and progress.

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 20, 2008 11:13AM

Detox can be hardcore, emotional detox, physical..purging of emotions, toxins...all sorts of things coming back up to the surface

7 days isnt long...if you were to continue you would experience different things happening, changing, shifting and purging..negative and positive..its all good

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables