Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Detox-question re: duration & "symptoms"
Posted by: happyway ()
Date: June 25, 2008 06:23AM

I went back to raw diet in May, and did a water fast from May 5th-11th. On June 13th-18th I did another water only fast.

At present my diet is something like the following

I usually don't eat until 10 or 11:30 AM.
Then I have some fresh citrus juice or a couple oranges.

An hour later some grapes.
----------------
Heavier fruit like bananas, apples, and or mango during the middle of the day.
----------------
Sometimes some carrot, beet, celery juice from 4- 6 pm, with perhaps some parsely, kale, cucumber, or small piece of ginger added.
-----------------
Salad for dinner, sometimes with some Nori, a few nuts or Avocado.
The base of the salad is Romaine and Spinach
=====================

As of now my tongue still looks like a fasting tongue,
ie. usually it is rather white, sometimes perhaps a little tan/beige.
I scrape it in the morning, but it stays whitish anyway.

I am grateful to be able to work with my body and undergo this healing process, but wonder how long it will continue.

Has anyone else experienced a long term obvious detox of this nature? And if so for how long?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Detox-question re: duration & "symptoms"
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 25, 2008 11:29AM

In my experience, it goes in cycles. The biggest detox comes in the first two weeks. Then a lesser detox at about 6 months. Then a minor detox at about 2 years....and so on. As long as one is eating more simply.....forever.....and following THEIR life goals.....then my experience is that the detox NEVER ends....but gets further and further apart. YOU will find the tools that are necessary for you...if you are 100% laser-clear on what lifetime goals/passions YOU are motivated to do. In order to achieve success (at anything) the pattern is to 1) Determine what your greatest motivation/passion is, 2) Set goals first, 3) Choose some tools that allow you to do at least a few of those goals ever day with only a little effort (but great motivation), 4) Re-evaluate and refine the process.

-Just some thoughts.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Re: Detox-question re: duration & "symptoms"
Posted by: happyway ()
Date: June 25, 2008 07:26PM

Thank you David. I am clear on some of my goals. I do see diet as supporting those goals and not as my primary goal.

Apparently my detox is taking a different course than yours. I no longer like to do long fasts. So I am working with shorter fasts and high water content raw foods. I hope that my energy will continue to increase, but realize I am in MotherNature's hands...

Meanwhile I shall work with clarifying motivation/passion ...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables