Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Help, I can not eat enough!
Posted by: nnaydolem ()
Date: June 17, 2008 04:09PM

Hi all...i started a new thread. i need some help!

Ok so i just did my caloric intake for yesterday...it was just over 770 or so.

ok you should know i am 5'8 almost 5'9 and i am sitting at about 200 lbs. so i have a bit of 'extra' engery my body can use.

I also am just NOT hungry much. i have to make myself eat...which is funny because before, i was ALWAYS hungry. I could sit down and eat a whole chipotle burrito in one sitting...now the thought makes me ill.

my tummy is not so happy this morning...i have been forgettying my apple cider vinegar before my meals...perhaps that is why.

i just am not hungry...period.

Any suggestions on what i can eat, that won't be more food, but perhaps more calories???

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help, I can not eat enough!
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: June 17, 2008 04:24PM

I've found the body sometimes goes through phases, where it may be cleaning and want you to eat very lightly (fruit), it may be building and want tons of minerals/greens... or sometimes just NEED a lot of good fats and calories!

If your stomach is not happy by forcing it to eat, don't force it! A big part of being raw is about learning how to listen to your body.

I would follow other cues from your body: check your energy levels, alertness, clarity, emotional state. If everything else is good, chances are, your body just may be cleaning. If everything is not up to par, you may want to reconsider.

Avocados, nuts, and seeds are calorie-dense, full of good fats. In contrast, an entire watermelon has only about 90 calories.

Some people have also found vinegar to disagree with their stomachs after cutting it out while raw. This could also be a possible source of discomfort.

Date: June 17, 2008 04:34PM

thank you...well i feel fine, other than being tired at nite of course, but getting up at 530 AM MIGHT have something to do with it.

I have a sample of my menu yesterday.

2 bananas
20 grapes
2 apples
cup and a half of spinach (with ACV)
3 snow peas (did not care for them uncooked)
2 tomatoes
1 avocado
and one GT Kombucha

Thanks for all your help!!

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 17, 2008 05:39PM

Eat however much you need..dont count calories or stress out

I just keep it low fat, some days I fast, some days I eat light otherdays I train 4 times and eat more

quit counting. listen to your body

Date: June 18, 2008 11:55AM

thanks all! good to know...i was just told i needed to eat more...so it is good to know that i am doing ok. winking smiley

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 18, 2008 12:20PM

Right. Some people think they have to have EVERY nutrient EVERY day......and eat EVERY day.....even if they are not hungry. In my experience, this is not true. My blood test numbers are fine, and I will go whole summers eating nothing but watermelon! Ha! ha!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 19, 2008 04:00AM

If you're still 200lbs I wouldn't worry about it.

Posted by: mira ()
Date: June 23, 2008 02:05AM

if you don't eat much because you are NOT hungry, well its ok

Its not so ok if you dont eat, but you ARE hungry (like anorexics)

but you seem ok, so i just wouldnt worry

Date: June 24, 2008 07:22PM

thanks all! sorry i have been out of sorts this week...sunday i was out and welll, i had red meat. and i am STILL Paying for it. i felt horrible and i wanted to die!

i am bloated and need some relief!!! so yeah, but otherwise i am BACK to it and i learned my lesson the hard way...NO MORE RED MEAT!!!!

Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: June 24, 2008 07:53PM

i know everyone is different
but just to give you a marker

i eat an average of 8-10 lbs produce per day
60% fruit 40% veg

im 5'6 105lb female

it does take awhile to tweak
til you find what works
but in general filling up on as much fruit as possible
will help stay focused

seriously youre doing great
in that you got right back on
licketysplit

Date: June 24, 2008 09:13PM

thanks so much!!!

I am almost 5'9.

WOW that is a LOT of fruit...i am sure once i get down weight wise i will need to eat more.

However, yesterday, due to my attack of the red meat, I went from sunday around 2 PM to yesterday at 10 AM and i had an apple...FORCED myself to eat that..i had half of a vegan cookie, but that was it until the evening...even today.

I had a small apple for breakfast. For lunch i forced a salad with mushrooms, rasins, tomato and a half of an avacado with braggs as dressing...it was TASTY.

I don't even want to look at food right now.

I know i haven't gained any weight, but the scale says 10 lbs...i think i am extremely backed up. (not to sound too gross)

i have been planning on getting some OxyPowder...i ordered it today. I found it on ebay for a good price and no shipping Also me and the seller have been talking about diet stuff...it has been great. smiling smiley

Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: June 24, 2008 11:31PM

you could eat that much and more if you wish

according to fitday.com my calorie intake for a 10 lb day is 916
11% fat, 76% carb and 13% protein
im somewhat of a high water content food ~ bulk eater

altho you may be more wired towards a more caloric dense menu of less quantity
with the same high quality

you may also find that all raw fruits and veggies will also clean you out

keep us posted

Date: June 26, 2008 08:31PM

Ok i have ordered some oxypowder...once that gets in and i start taking it, i am going to be SUPER strict about what i eat. I figure i will almost be starting from scratch in a way. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables