Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Reaction to dark soy sauce
Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: June 26, 2008 10:43PM

Hi all,

I wanted to tell you just about one of the strangest thing I have ever done

Here it goes... As I told you all (and vented) my in-laws are here with us and my mil simply hates the fact that we eat raw. She jus hates it. she says toevery one that I dont give my kids anything fun to eat. and always stuff them with fruit. Kids don't enjoy here etc etc. But anyway I tried to avoid her for the first few days, but yesterday I gave in. I felt guilty that I am really not giving anything nice to eat to my kids (who still eat cooked vegan). So I made vegetable chow mein with tns of veggies and used Dark Soy sauce store bought - without reading the label) and to please the inlaw, I ate a plate full of it.

Needless to say, today I am sick as a dog. I am definitely allergic to dark soy sauce and now i checked the label and it says preservatives, colors chemical names etc etc I reacted violently to the additive and got vomitting, severe, headache. I fasted today and did salt wayter flush ut it only got rid of half ofthe symptoms.

I am now taking it easy and had a long nap (Thanks to my husband who picked up teh kids ) and feel better.

I can't believe I Just gave in to such un reasonable and silly demands of people and put my health in trouble.

A lesson to learn for me.

Take care
A Iyer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2008 10:56PM by anuiyer7.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reaction to dark soy sauce
Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: June 26, 2008 11:13PM

Wow, I'm sorry that you got so sick, but... congratulations that your body is now healthy enough to tell you a big loud NO!

You're so right - just not worth it putting ourselves through that much misery just to please someone else who's not getting it anyway.

((hugs)) to you and continue to feel better quickly!

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Posted by: happyway ()
Date: June 27, 2008 03:26PM

<<A lesson to learn for me.>>

YUP

either we learn or we repeat the lesson

that's Cosmic Law, very simple

not New Age b*ll s*ht, nothing deeply mystical, no leeway.

it's just amazing, it Works like clockwork.

-----------

Personally if I want to "flush" I use bottled prune juice
and/or "Natural-Calm" a quickly absorbable source of magnesium (which is also a nutrient),
and not salt which I feel is a poison.
But maybe salt is more comfortable and quicker, I haven't tried it.
In any case, as you already know, water, rest, and time should clear the physical effects all away.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: June 27, 2008 04:35PM

Hope you're feeling better.

I've learned the hard way about a lot of things, too, but it has always redefined my personal boundaries with no room for compromise (for the worse). =)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables