Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

3 day apple fast question
Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: June 29, 2008 03:28PM

Has anyone done the 3 day apple fast? On the evening of day 3 youre supposed to take 2 tablespoons of olive oil before bed. I was wondering if I could just eat an avocado or 2? Or eat a large avocado? The point is after 3 days of no fat the liver
produces a lot of bile and when you introduce the fat suddenly it is what flushes out the toxins. It seems it wouldnt matter the fat source would it? olive oil.avocado.cocanut oil...Im on day one now of the apple fast and its very energetic and I feel great!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 3 day apple fast question
Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: June 29, 2008 06:02PM

My guess is that since it has fiber and other nutrients, the liver MIGHT not react the way you want it to. It will probably release the bile but along with other things to digest the vitamins - it might not be pure bile?

But who knows, experiment with it and see what happens IMHO. Some people use lemons with the oil and it seems to work. I experimented with the liver cleanse and now I do it first thing in the morning, without the three day prep, so I don't have to fast. It might not be as effective but I do it more often because it's less involved. And I use coconut oil, it seems easier to take straight.

Happy Experimenting!

BTW you didn't mention epsom salts, are you using them?

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: June 29, 2008 06:44PM

I would just do the olive oil like a shot. I was once challenged by a customer at a restaurant I worked at (money was involved), and it was pretty easy -- more so than I thought it would be. I actually felt pretty good after doing it, too.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 29, 2008 06:48PM

Why take in any processed items at all? Just eat the apples for 3 days. That's an excellently healthy cleanse. Just my opinion.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: June 29, 2008 06:56PM

the apple fast doesn't mention epsom salt.
It is as follows,
Eat apples all day for 3 days and drink warm water, on the evening of the 3 rd day before bed take 2 tablespoons of olive oil. And yea dave that's what I thought too just eat the apples for 3 days then before bed on the 3rd day eat a large avocado, rather than processed olive although there is cold pressed organic olive oil that's pure supposedly but I'd rather use natural fat such as my favorite thing...avocado!
Rob

Date: June 29, 2008 07:02PM

Here's the apple fast
Www.astrodreamadvisor.com/Body_Apple_Fast.html

Pretty simple

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: June 29, 2008 07:33PM

roadrunner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here's the apple fast
> Www.astrodreamadvisor.com/Body_Apple_Fast.html
>
> Pretty simple

thanks for sharing edgar cayce's apple fast. i love apples and i'm going to try it this week! seems almost like a quickie liver cleanse also.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2008 07:34PM by rawangel.

Date: June 29, 2008 07:49PM

Yea I'm doin it for the liver cleanse.I've never done a liver cleanse. I did the master cleanse for 14 days last year and many weekend fasts,water fasts dry fasts and mono fast but never a liver flush and this apple fast seems simple enough. I did my share of drinking over the years plus the SAD diet for all those years too so I'm doing this apple fast, may do it longer than 3 days. I'm thinking 6, go 3 days, eat an avocado before bed on the 3rd day and then 3 more days and another avocado before bed on the 6th day, a double flush!

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: June 29, 2008 08:33PM

hey roadrunner, your plan sounds like a good one. i completed long master cleanses, 30 & 40 days and a 9 day water fast during the past few months. it was after my 3rd MC that i went 100% raw. i tried the liver cleanse once and it was not a pleasant experience. i'm not so sure it worked very well or that i did it correctly. i only released a few tiny green pebbles. i'm actually not inclined to ever do another liver cleanse ever again in my life! hahaha. what brought me to it was not drinking, but i was on narcotic prescription pain meds for broken bones for a few months. i thought i'd benefit from a liver cleanse when i stopped taking them. raw foods and periodic fasting has done the job i think and never again. ugh.

i'm looking forward to trying this apple fast though - the apple is my favorite fruit on the planet. so maybe it's been trying to tell me something. i think i will keep it simple with fasts going forward as i know eating raw foods is progressively cleansing my body anyway. my digestive system is rocking right now and i feel good, energy-wise, 90% of the time. i can eat anything raw and it just seems to zoom right on through my colon. good luck with your fast and healing process.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2008 08:36PM by rawangel.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: June 29, 2008 09:37PM

roadrunner,

Given that you want to cleanse your liver, why are you giving your liver such a large burden of digesting fat? A better cleanse would to be fat free for a few weeks. to allow your liver time to rest from fat digestion.

Date: June 29, 2008 10:29PM

Bryon, only because the instructions say at the close of day 3 bedtime to take 2 tablespoons of olive oil because the sudden introduction of fat after 3 days of no fat is what releases the bile from the liver that the liver builds up and this flushes out the toxins,the link above explains this much better than I can I was just wondering instead of olive oil avocado could be used or I also have 100 percent organic cocanut oil too. The the apples do the work for 3 days then the introduction of fat at the end of day completes the process and I'm assuming the morning elimination is when the toxins pass
Rob

Posted by: Lanie ()
Date: June 30, 2008 06:28AM

I've done the apple fast three times in the last the six months and just can't say enough good things about it. REALLY powerful!! The first time I must have slept at least 14 hours a day as my body was detoxing from years of drinking yerba mate, which, despite all the claims to the contrary, has TONS of caffiene. During the second and third I had a lot more energy and felt progressively better each time.

I'd stick with olive oil on the last day of the cleanse as suggested if I were you. Though avocados are a great source of natural fat I think the point is to ingest pure oil to finish off the cleanse. The kind I buy is UNpressed, which is a unique process that keeps the temperature under 70 degrees fahrenheit (as opposed to standard pressing where temps can easily exceed 140 degrees). Tastes better too. You can get some here for next time if you want: [www.livingtreecommunity.com]

Enjoy the rest of your cleanse!!

~lanie

Date: June 30, 2008 01:43PM

This is why epsom salts are useful during a cleanse. They open up the ducts and dull any pain, but maybe you don't need it. I have a relative who did one without epsom salts and got lots of stones! I don't use a huge ammount myself, I don't really measure it, but I just use a pinch or two in a glass of water.

[www.earthclinic.com]

Dan from Largo, FL writes: "I've done about 20 liver & gallbladder flushes over the last 23 years. I agree about the confusion on "soap stones", which of course are not gall stones. I've never agreed to such claims, as there are just too many that come out even if you do liver flushes a week apart. If that's all that is expelled, there's a good chance that there are missing steps that look "optional", but actually are vital to the procedure. I say "vital" because the lack of these steps could actually prove dangerous. I learned how to do a liver flush from my brother who cave me a copy of the procedure developed by Dr.Kelley.

The big difference is he uses apple juice with Phosfood drops for several days to a week before the flush. The malic acid in the apple juice and the phosphoric acid in the Phosfood drops act to soften the stones. If the stones aren't softened, they may not pass, and you've just wasted a lot of your time and half a cup of perfectly good olive oil. etc.

Also, if the stones aren't softened, they may get stuck, and I'd guess if you check around you'll find cases where people had to get emergency medical treatment because of a flush gone bad. Another missing step that I've seen is the Epsom salts. I've seen procedures where this step was called "optional". I beg to differ. The Epsom salts is a necessary part of the procedure. The magnesium sulfate serves three purposes.

First, it causes an evacuation of your gut by relacing all of the sphincter muscles. This is important, because if your intestines are full of food, the oil won't have as big a reaction. What we're trying to accomplish here is a huge spasm of the gall bladder to as completely evacuate it as possible. That's why we take so much oil. But this does no good if the intestines are still of food, as the sensing of oil in the duodenum is what causes the gall bladder to contract. (I've also assisted the contractions with gall bladder massage, but that's another story.)

Secondly, the Epsom salts magnesium causes the bile ducts to relax and dilate. This allows any larger stones (if present) to pass without getting stuck. And once again, we don't want half measures on this, as you look kind of silly when you have to call 911.

So, these two steps are vital. You might as well not do a flush if you're going to skip these two steps. Yes, the Epsom salts tastes bitter. No, that's not a good reason not to take it. Thirdly, the magnesium helps to relax you so you can actually sleep with an otherwise uncomfortable feeling in the abdomen. So, these two steps (apple juice phosfood and Epsom salts) are not optional. They are important to the procedure and may help debug any lack of success that one may have had when omitting them."

Date: June 30, 2008 02:00PM

I once got a "blockage", I felt a distinct pressure build-up in one area and it was uncomfortable, and I massaged it and I heard a "pop" and the pressure was released!

Date: June 30, 2008 08:18PM

Wow,great replies! I'm on day 2 and I've eaten about 30 apples so far of different varieties,I feel empty and very energetic and the one thing I'm dealing with is I feel so HOT I'm sweating and everything and I'm usually not hot like this, its hot outside but it has been hot here for a while and it hasn't bothered me untill today day 2 of the apple fast. And my skin is feeling softer, here's what I was thinking,chances are ill just take the olive oil but I was thinking of 1 avocado a small one and 1 large lemon and putting it in my magic bullet blender then taking it that way so the avocado is liquid you know and the lemon is a great clenser anyway I just like natural thi gs and avocado is natural olive oil is processed

Date: June 30, 2008 08:21PM

Oh yea and it says to drink plenty of WARM water and I've been doing that I've drank close to a gallon of warm water each day so far, tomorrow is day 3 and I can't wait till thursday because I'm having a bananna attack!!! I miss my banannas!!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables