Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Gout,purines,and bean sprouts
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 04, 2008 04:10AM

Hi.
I love bean sprouts,but am having mild flare ups of gout ,or what might be gout,in my right toe.I had a foot xray last summer and they said there was a small bone spur in the toe.
I have read that legumes have high levels of purines,which can lead to gout attacks.The purines cause a build-up of uric acid.
Is it possible the sprouts are causing this?
I know that alot of seafood and meats can cause gout,but I dont eat that anymore.
I eat nothing else regularly that could cause gout.
I like my daily walks,but sometimes I cant do them.
Thanks for any info.
Brian

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2008 04:14AM by Raw1228.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gout,purines,and bean sprouts
Date: July 05, 2008 05:34PM

Hmmm.
I guess the thing to do is stop eating the sprouts and see what happens.
Brian

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 05, 2008 07:04PM

For gout or those types of pains, try Bragg apple cider vinegar..1-3 T per day and you can mix it in applesauce or make a drink with water, and raw honey. Or use as salad dressings.

Make sure to shake well first and use only the kind that says it has The Mother in it.

Also, burdock root tincture is excellent to help remove excess uric acid crystals in joints that cause the pain from gout.

And or you can do foot baths and soak in Apple Cider Vinegar and very warm or hot water or cool if you like..adjust the amount you like of the vinegar and water(the kind as above, don't use cheap store brands..they are not what you want at all).

And eat more items that have magnesium in it or try a magnesium oxide tablets per day for a week after you have eaten some of the apple cider vinegar for a month or 2. The vinegar will soften up calcium deposites and the magnesium helps your body to get rid of them with small mini type flush. Gout is very painful..even a light weight sheet over the toe will bring on pain from gout.

Love,
Prism

Date: July 05, 2008 07:35PM

Thank you for all that info Prism.
I will try some of those things too.

Brian

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables