Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Support/Help needed
Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: July 18, 2008 12:59AM

Hello All You Wonderful People,

I have been about 75% raw for about 7 months. The past week or two I have kind of fallen off the wagon. I've been drinking coffee, raw all day, until dinner. That's were I've been slipping craving salty warm food and I've been giving into it. I feel horrible and depressed. All of you are such an inspiration, but I need help and advice. Can anyone help/encourage me? I want to be 100% raw, but know I can't do that completely overnight. I'm fine with myself when I eat 75% raw, and feel great. And to be honest the other 25% is usually just steamed veggies or sauteed. I'm thinking of doing a few days of green juicing to get my mind focused. Can anyone give me some advice? I'm just so depressed and down. It's not just the diet, a ton of other things have happened that is really just depressing me, bringing up so many emotional issues that have arised, and I just want them to go away, but I want to deal with them at the same time. I guess I just really feel lost. I turn to you all for support.

I thank you for anything you can offer.

Lizard

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Support/Help needed
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: July 18, 2008 01:54AM

Lizard, Pls stop torturing yourself. Your body will start rejecting what is not healthy. It seems that you are trying to force yourself into what you've seen as an ideal. It takes time and patience to effect permanent change. Be easy on yourself. Find healthy ways to address your emotional and spiritual challenges.

Support yourself by congratulating yourself for what you've accomplished thus far. None are perfect. We can make efforts towards our greatness but not at the cost of our sanity.

Peace. Therese

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: July 18, 2008 01:59AM

*HUGS*

You know, it's all just part of your journey. You are walking on the raw path and you've hit a bumpy patch and fallen off a bit. It could very well be that the emotional stuff you are going through is what has you resorting to food to numb your feelings. Just feel it all, know that this is just a particular moment in your life and it won't always be this way. If you want to be higher raw, then you will continue on with your path sometime in the future (either very soon, or after you've worked on whatever is happening in your life right now).

If you are feeling depressed, lost, etc, it may mean that you are at a turning point and things will be shifing in your life.

I'm sending lots of love to you, Lizard.

Wendi
XOXOXO

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: July 18, 2008 04:12AM

[www.youtube.com]

good presentation by Roz

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 18, 2008 05:56AM

go easy on yourself hun. it IS part of your journey and your evolution and you`re doing great. we all slip and it`s part of learning and its there to serve a purpose at the time. this too shall pass. 75% is not something to shrug your shoulders at. it`s a big thing!! why are you depressed? is it cuz you`re not 100%? don`t let that depress you, 100 is HARD!! hang in there, do some searching and be gentle on yourself.
patty

Posted by: Lorretta ()
Date: July 18, 2008 11:23AM

Lizard

Difficult time
I have been in a similar place recently.

Juicing, exercise and the support of the wonderful people here has really helped me.

Hey, dont bother beating yourself up about where you have been. Focus on now. maybe go make a juice or do some exercise.

Blessings
lorretta

Date: July 18, 2008 12:04PM

Thank you all for your encouraging words. Boy, I sure need them. It means alot to me to have the support here. Thank you thank you thank you. It's so comforting to know that you all have been there and that struggling is apart of the process. I don't know why I'm depressed, I've given up on trying to perfect and it's the best thing I've ever done. Maybe I'm detoxing and going through emotions that I never let myself feel. But I will take your advice and just feel them, as scarry that it is. It's nice cause I know that you all understand!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish more people were raw. It's just so amazing the effects that cooked food has on us. It's really mind boggling.

So, thank you thank you thank you. It means the world to me to have your kind, encouraging, and thoughful words.

Lizard

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: July 18, 2008 12:15PM

I was just going to say that maybe detox is playing a part in this, but you came to that conclusion yourself. At any rate, hang in there -- growth is painful, but good.

Posted by: jackie ()
Date: July 18, 2008 12:40PM

I was speaking with a doctor the other day, and mentioned to him that I am fine (eating-wise) all day but at 4PM, I feel maniacal about food.

He said that is true of most people in his experience, which is why most diets don't work.

So, I guess I'm just part of the human race!

Date: July 18, 2008 02:45PM

I often wonder this myself about the afternoon munchies. Here is my theory:

Growing up we went to school and came home about 3pm. Then we had a nice snack, or at least I did of cookies, or chips, whatever was there. Usually cookies. Now its like imbred in us.

Just an opinion, but I think that's true for me. Any thoughts?

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: July 18, 2008 02:49PM

My theory about the afternoon muchies is that: we usually eat a big meal with protein for lunch. This takes a lot of energy to digest, and afterwards our body sends out a signal for carbs. A big part of the world has institutionalized this need into morning and afternoon teas.

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: July 18, 2008 10:03PM

Many Hugs Lizard.. May God be with you. As far as diet, raw seems to amplify whatever we already feel (sort of like alcohol). Several toxins that come out can and will affect emotions. They affect glands which in turn affect and control the emotions... If you experience depression, it might be a signal that you can slow it down using more steamed vegetables and especially less fruit.

Just my thoughts/ opinions.

Take care

Gob bless,
A Iyer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables