Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My Raw Food Marathon Challenge
Posted by: RusticBohemian ()
Date: July 20, 2008 05:28PM

Hey guys. I've been toying with the idea of running a marathon for the last couple years, but I've always put it off. I'm been blandly running my regular 4-6 miles a day with no real change up or challenge.

Well screw that. I want to shake things up a bit. I've got too much energy to just plod along through life, and a raw food diet is the reason for the change.

Running marathons came up in conversation at work the other day (I work as a newspaper reporter). I mentioned that I've always wanted to run one, and my editor's face lit up and he suggested that I write articles for the paper and do some blogging so that people can go online and read about my daily progress.

I decided on the spot that I would do it, and choose the Hartford Marathon on October 11.

I figure that this is a great way to spread the word about the benefits of this diet while really pushing myself at the same time.

I've already got a lot of interest from people in the office that didn't know what my diet was all about.

"Where do you get your protein?" x59 AHHHH!

If you're interested in following my progress, and possibly offering some advice, check out my blog at [running-raw.blogspot.com]

Scroll down to the first entry for the article that will be in the paper Monday. I've posted some maps and training info about the following two days. I'll be posting about this weekend and Monday before too long.

I also run www.raw-food-health.net , a site about my raw diet, if you're interested.

Hope you enjoy.
-Andrew

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My Raw Food Marathon Challenge
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: July 20, 2008 08:57PM

Hi andrew

Great stuff - I am running Loch Ness Marathon on5th October. I managed to knock 31 minutes off my previous time for a very hilly half marathon last week so I am very happy and training is going so well. My sister is convinced that I won't be able to do it on a raw food diet but she had to 'eat her words' when I cracked the last half so fast - mango and banana breakfast - fab fuel!

not bad for a 45 year old crock - actually I feel better than I have done for years!

Re: My Raw Food Marathon Challenge
Posted by: RusticBohemian ()
Date: July 21, 2008 12:08PM

Awesome. I hope I can do as well as you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables