Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Weight loss...thorough detox?
Posted by: belovedhadassah ()
Date: June 12, 2008 05:30PM

Hi everyone!!

Anyone want to share an opinion about something? I am losing weight (again) on a low-fat raw diet. I'm having an ambitious day imagining myself rail thin...LOL...and wondered if it is important to lose all the "cooked fat" on my body in order to thoroughly detox and then build back up from there? Or is it OK to just get to a healthy weight? Does it really matter if all the cooked toxic fat is gone?

On raw foods, does the body find it's perfect weight?

Thanks for any info you'd like to share!

Rachel

Currently in Raw Food Boot Camp!
www.rawfoodbootcamp.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Weight loss...thorough detox?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 12, 2008 06:14PM

Hi Rachel! I suppose it depends on how toxic your 'fat' is! Ha! ha! What I mean is: SOME of the protiens and fats in your body that were constructed of cooked/denatured proteins and the chemicals in them....these WILL be broken down as time goes on...yes. It's a gradual process....but can happen within 6-12 months when eating all raw and living a healthy lifestyle. Just my experiences.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: belovedhadassah ()
Date: June 13, 2008 04:00AM

Thanks David! I'm pretty sure my fat is way toxic! LOL

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: June 13, 2008 06:19AM

In my experience all you have to do is eat raw and the body will do the rest. Speaking from my own experience my body lost weight fast after I went all fresh raw and then more slowly as it approached a slim me. I also healed many health maladies I had. It did this using its innate wisdom in its own priority and time line and all I had to do was stay raw. I am slim and trim now and I eat some fats everyday by listening to my body and supplying what it wants and needs.

Posted by: nnaydolem ()
Date: June 13, 2008 08:54PM

hello all...i have some questions along these lines. I have slowly been turning over to a raw lifestyle. I have dropped 15 lbs thus far and i would almost guarentee that i am as toxic as it gets.

EZ-i am curious what your maladies where, if you dont' mind me asking. I am asthmatic and this lifestyle was a choice to get rid of that.

Thanks for any help!

Posted by: durgawalker ()
Date: June 17, 2008 09:05AM

Hi Everyone,

I've been 100% raw for 7 months and I must be the only person on earth who hasn't lost weight on raw food. I'm a "normal" weight for a woman my age but 10 pounds more than I want to be. I just can't get it to budge. I eat low glycemic, soak my nuts, etc. Weird. Anyone else with this experience?

Durga

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: June 17, 2008 04:56PM

If you would care to post what your typical daily food intake looks like, plenty of us can analyze and attempt to help you more.

Lots of nuts or "raw" additives can sometimes get in the way. But emotional states, and huge things like the *entire history of your life* also play a big role, too. There's a chance your body is working on more important things, like healing internal organs or repairing other seriously vital tissue, before it tackles the task of eliminating old deposits. I've gone through amazing weight shifts, but I still have some high fructose corn syrup deposits dangling from my upper arms, and circles I'd LIKE to see gone--but true health runs so much deeper than cosmetics.

Everything takes time! Embrace the process, the slow changes, and love yourself deeply. =)

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: June 17, 2008 04:59PM

yea, me LOL. my weight doesn`t budge much either. i eat avos and nuts though and my weight isn`t too much of an issue for me so i don`t worry about it much.... i figure it`ll come off when it`s ready. i used to be obsessed with the scale and how i was losing annnd now i just eat right and do some treadmill exercising and that`s about it. i`m 5'7 med frame and i weigh 147.

Posted by: durgawalker ()
Date: July 21, 2008 10:18AM

Hi phantom, thanks for answering SO long ago. I've been away...and, I have to admit, a little sick. The sick feeling comes and goes. I'd like to think it's clean-out, and you may be right, that my body's working on more important things right now than weight loss. Over my 56 years, I've had some pretty bizarre eating habits. Although I've been living well for the last decade or so, who knows what damage I did in my younger years? I shudder to think!

As for my daily eating, I generally have a fruit salad for breakfast (apple, orange, a few soaked almonds). Lunch is a green salad with a moderate sprinkle of olive oil. My salads aren't heavy, but I'm a texture freak and I do like to toss in crunchy things. I've lately replaced sunflower seeds with red onions (yum!), in case I was eating too many seeds. Dinner can be an avocado and an apple or another fruit salad. I know I was eating way too many nuts there for a while and I've cut back tremendously, so that may have been a major problem. I'm also a fig maniac and have to actively resist (i.e., not buy). I do sometimes eat juicy fruits as a snack in the afternoon.

I know that I can eat tons of fats, like avocados and nuts. I love dried fruits, but I'm trying to eat low-glycemic, so I'm substituting nuts and figs with bananas (which are surprisingly low glycemic) just in terms of ballast, and I'll see how that works.

When I was a carnivore eating cooked food, I lost an enormous amount of weight on a high-fat/high-protein diet, proving to myself that calorie-counting is not the only way to lose weight. I ate 3500 calories a day and lost 35 pounds in 9 months. I say this because I got very spoiled not counting calories, just eating within a system that worked. I'd like to be able to do that again. I'm sick of prohibiting myself from eating. I want to relax and eat within the parameters that work. I LOVE raw food---I just want to find what works for me.

Thanks for your offer to help, and this time I'll be around to check the board! (Things have been nuts as my husband and I are buying a house in Baja and planning a move from Switzerland to Mexico in about three months---please forgive!)

Durga

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables