Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

sick and tired of being sick and tired
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 19, 2008 06:27PM

the title says it all. i am new here and new to the raw lifestyle. any beginers advice would be very appriciated. i have been lurking here for a while. all the pictures of the food look so wonderful. i just feel like my body is screaming for good, healthy, crisp, fresh food. i found place for bulk produce 50 lbs of carrots for 19 dollars, 25 lbs tomatoes for 15 dollars, 5 heads romaine lettuce for 2.99 etc.given that i have to go an hour out of my way to get them- do those sound like good prices?
i do have a juicer. is there any other equiptment that is a must have?
thanks in advance for any advice you may have

BooBoo

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sick and tired of being sick and tired
Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 19, 2008 07:12PM

welcome smiling smiley i would get a good blender if i didn`t already have one. the prices you quoted sound terrific....is it organic? read/search the forums and you`ll find tons of info
patty

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 19, 2008 09:50PM

I find my juicer to be a great way to get lots of fresh produce into my body and find it helps me to stay raw and feel Rawsome. A blender helps too. I wouldn't bother with a dehydrator or anything else that isn't fresh.

Date: July 20, 2008 02:42PM

most are the organic prices. i still have to check it out. i had posted an ad on craigslist asking if anyone knew where to get bulk produce for cheap. this guy said there is a restuarunt supply place that isnt open to the public. he owns a resturaunt and goes there about once a week and said that i am more than welcome to meet him there and check things out. i plan on maybe going next week. i need to wait until i can get a friend to go with me. i dont want to go meet some stranger without back up. you can never be too careful.
if the produce is really good, i am toying with the idea of maybe organizing some sort of an affordable produce club. because all the produce clubs i checked out were way to expensive.

can some one recommend a good blender in the middle price range?

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 20, 2008 04:16PM

i`m not sure what mid is to you but i like mine....it was about 120 bucks i think. it was a christmas present from the husby. it`s a kitchenaid 120 volt. my goal is a vitamix later on down the road. i am glad you`re not meeting this guy alone, that`s the 1st thought that popped into my head.
patty

Date: July 20, 2008 09:05PM

Welcome BooBoo,
I too got sick and tired of being sick and tired.
You will find the raw life to transport you to a whole nother world.
Those are very big bulk amounts of veggies there.
How do you plan to use all of it?
Brian

Date: July 21, 2008 01:54PM

well juicing for sure. i have a lot of family that lives close that wants to split up the produce with me. they arent raw but produce in minnesota is VERY expensive right now and it is going to be worse come winter. then there is my 11yr old daughter, not raw but an aspiring vegetarian. she can eat over a pound of carrots in one sitting. i will definatly make sure none of it goes to waste.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables