Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Calorie Intake
Posted by: RawGuy2000 ()
Date: June 30, 2006 09:56PM

Okay, I need a little help here:

I want to rid myself of toxins and start of with a clean slate in a sense. I want to rid my body of all toxins. Now if I juice with kale / apple three times a day for a few days, will that make me weaker? I don't know what to do on a juice fast. It's either that or the master cleanse. Has anyone ever juiced on kale/apple ane if so, how long have you done it for? I do not want to kill myself on a juice fast. What's the best way to start it? How many days? Etc?

And are carrots good when trying to get rid of an internal infection? I heard to stay away from carrots because they are hard to break down. Perhap's they are better in juice form?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Calorie Intake
Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: June 30, 2006 09:59PM

I can't answer that one for ya'. sorry! I did the master cleanser.

Re: Calorie Intake
Posted by: jackie ()
Date: July 01, 2006 12:46PM

Hi Raw Guy,

When I started this lifestyle change, it all began with a prep for a colonoscopy (i.e. that drink they require that cleans out your colon the day before the colonoscopy).

After that, I juiced veggies (not green leafy parts, the stem parts of kale, beet, etc.) like cucumber, celery, carrot, apple, fresh ginger in small amounts, tomato, sweet potato, anything that would juice but rarely any sweet fruits except for apple. No reason, except that I was staying with food that juiced well, wouldn't clog up the juicer and tasted good together.

I drank easily one quart per meal, about 3 quarts per day. It was major league filling! I also drank water if I felt I needed it. No other food or condiments, just my wacky juice combos.

I never felt hungry, had plenty of energy, slept like a baby, experimented like crazy and did this for about 10 days. Never felt weak or wobbly. Took 3 mile walks every morning. Did yoga and pilates. Accomplished many tasks with ease.

Then I started adding foods back for one meal, cutting my juices in half for other meals. Slowly, over about 4 days I cut back the juicing to zero and had added back chewable food. On the fifth day I was not juicing but eating only raw food meals, like salads, fruit, etc. Felt wonderful, lots of energy, etc.

Then I started adding green smoothies every morning, and I still do that daily. My other meals were salads, or just a monomeal of a particular fruit, and some nuts/seeds daily. After a while I just stopped using overt oils, didn't see the sense in them. I get my fats from whole food only (hempseed, flaxseed, nuts, avocados, fruit and veggies).

Result: I feel great, have lots of energy, my mind is clear, I'm able to focus intensely when I need to, my skin looks wonderful, etc.

I hope this gives you a clue as to what I've been doing/feeling and perhaps something along these lines will help you. I do want to allay your fears about hurting your body following a juice "fast". Heck, I was "eating" better on the juice than I had in YEARS. But I only did it until my body said it was time to eat again. And then, slowly, adding food back. Only good, raw, fresh stuff, not pizza and beer! LOL!

Please realize our bodies are wonderful at adapting to just about everything. Don't be in panic mode, just take it easy and do what you determine makes you feel better. Giving your body a break to heal is a great idea. It certainly won't damage you! And if you don't like the taste of your concoctions, you won't drink them, and they can't do you any good since you'll be dumping them down the sink, so play around with tastes. Start mild, like carrots and apples, add cucumbers and celery, maybe a small piece of beet root. If you like it, great! I'd stay away from garlic and onions in juices, way too strong and stinky. Go easy with fresh ginger root until you can handle the strength. Just experiment, and have fun with this.

Good luck! Happy juicing!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables