Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Feedback loop of food fear
Posted by: Quest for Peace ()
Date: July 21, 2008 04:23AM

Hi - I am new posting, but have read through a lot of the posts here. This seems like quite a respectful, diverse, and thoughtful group and a good place to ask for advice.

I have been 100% raw for a couple of years. I read a lot about the raw diet here and on other websites, as well as all the raw books I can get my hands on. I find there are a lot of different opinions as to what is best to eat and in what percentages. Also, there are some that state that raw foodists that aren't feeling the great energy and health that is often talked about are not doing it "right." That, along with foods that shouldn't be eaten together, don't eat too much of this or that, it has got me in quite a paralyzed state today and not wanting to eat anything. I am also a bit underweight and trying to gain with food and weight training.

I am very health focused and this diversity of what is correct is driving me nuts. There also seems to be a lot of fear-based information and that makes things even worse. Add to that the fact that the only way I can find to get enough selenium is to eat Brazil nuts, which are usually heated at high temperatures.

I want to just eat what is in season and feels right, but I don't know what to trust.

Quite a mess....thanks for listening. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Feedback loop of food fear
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 21, 2008 04:34AM

There's no big mystery. If you are concerned, have blood tests run on your nutrient levels. I think if you numbers come out normal....or close to it....after a few years of eating all-raw.......then your lifestyle is probably pretty sustainable! Don't you think? Things are only confusing when one is not doing what works for YOU.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2008 04:34AM by davidzanemason.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 21, 2008 05:58AM

quest for peace

let go of the fear
and just have fun

its supposed to be an adventure
and an exploration

i don't know what is "correct" for you
only what is right for me

and everyone has their own truths based on their own constitution physically emotionally spiritually mentally

as well as what their specific intents are

sure, there is a lot of controversy and diverse ideas

but so what?

ultimately your body will let u know what is right
if it seems to be working ,keep doing it

if it doesn't work, change lanes

and do something else

fascination is more productive than fear

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: July 21, 2008 07:03AM

Also people that say you 'should' or 'must' have this or that supplement - question it. first big question is 'Do they have a vested interest in selling this stuff!!!!!

I think this forum should give you much peace of mind. there are many very informed people here and the supportis great.

in joy
Philippa

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 21, 2008 09:52AM

Learn to trust your body signals as your raw food coach and forget about the rest. Keep it simple and easy.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 21, 2008 10:20AM

i agree
animals in nature do not consult books or gurus

they just go by instinct

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: July 22, 2008 05:34PM

Yes, trust your body, it should be the #1 source of input!

I would say, as for the brazil nuts, see how you feel when you eat them. If you want to keep eating them and they feel really good, chances are, your body may actually need the selenium (or something else unknown!) in them. If they make you feel gross, heavy, with the "too much fat" feeling, you probably don't need them.

I find, also, that I go through phases of eating lots of certain foods. Right now, it's tomatoes--I'm eating 8 or 9/day and they just feel SO GOOD to me. Last month, I couldn't touch them... but I was eating tons of watermelon. =)

A lot of the long-term raw foodies here take seasonal eating seriously, and even from my experience, that feels very good.

Posted by: Quest for Peace ()
Date: July 23, 2008 02:31PM

Thank you all for the great feedback.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables