Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Coconut Water & Tahini
Posted by: ksandberg2002 ()
Date: July 22, 2008 03:23PM

Hey everyone!!

I have 2 questions today that I need your input on : )

Question #1 - I tried coconut milk (water inside a white coconut) for the first time last night and I about gagged! It taste salty to me! Is it supposed too??

Question #2 - I aslo tried for the first time last night raw tahini by adding it to my smoothie and found that it gave it sort of a yogurt consistancy and taste. I rather liked it but I was wondering if anyone else does this??

Thanks!!!

: )

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coconut Water & Tahini
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: July 22, 2008 05:21PM

Coconut water, fresh from a coconut--although it has some sodium content--should be very sweet and refreshing. Sounds like a bad coconut! I'd give it another shot... it is quite the delight.

Are you using old or young coconut water? I've found the young ones to wield at least 2 cups of water (much more than the old).

Date: July 22, 2008 07:32PM

Hi Phantom!

I bought the coconut from the store and they had the brown kind and the white kind. Well I thought the white would be better but when I opened it up it did have a lot of juice but tasted salty. Also, when I cracked it open, I could see the flesh peeled away from the shell in some areas and it was light blue (looked a lot like mold but this may be normal?).

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: July 22, 2008 08:40PM

I have tasted salty coconut water so many times. It is supposed to be mild sweet and you should not taste the salt at all. But sometimes the salt is dominating the taste. Some older coconuts have very little water but ery sweet. Try again and good luck.

Take care
A Iyer

Date: July 23, 2008 06:32PM

Thanks anuiyer7!

Sounds to me that young coconuts have more water but the brown ones are sweeter, is that right? So do normally use the white for smoothies and the brown coconuts for raw meals??

Thanks!

Posted by: Joanne81 ()
Date: July 23, 2008 10:30PM

The young coconuts are the tastiest and most nutritious. They are usually white. Was the coconut water purple? That usually means it went bad.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables