Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

water
Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 23, 2008 11:47PM

another post got me thinking. i used to drink bottled water cuz i can`t stand city water or the thought of drinking it. i was convicted and stopped doing the bottled water thing because i didn`t want to add to the landfills but with work readily approaching i need to find something i can feel good about that is also good for me. i was thinking of buying a gallon jug of water and keeping it at work. i have heard conflicting things about distilled water and the minerals being removed and all that stuff. some peeps say yay and some say nay...anyone have any insight and/or links so i can research?
patty

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: water
Date: July 24, 2008 12:25AM

ok so most of the things i`m reading say not for long term use but when detoxing or cleansing distilled water is a good choice

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 24, 2008 01:34AM

Right. Your standard reverse osmosis purified water should be fine. I just grab water from those machines at the grocery store that run municipal water through reverse osmosis and other filtration. It's pretty darn clean.....although I'm an even bigger fan of distilled....which I drink while fasting. I think either way you won't have a problem.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 24, 2008 04:24AM

IMO clean water is better then polluted water by whatever method you use to clean the impurities out. I use distilled water because I don't want anything in my water but H2O. I do not feel it is desirable to have inorganic minerals in the water. I think the best water is the water that is part of the plant and has minerals and other nutrients in it organized by the plant as a part of the plant.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: July 24, 2008 04:49AM

I like distilled, but I don't drink much water. And even though I have a distiller, I just drink filtered water because of the time and convenience issue. But I probably drink less than 1 cup of water a month.

The stories about distilled water leeching minerals from your body is a myth.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 24, 2008 01:37PM

Bryan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The stories about distilled water leeching
> minerals from your body is a myth.
I agree. Distilled Water is probably
the Best water but I'm going with Filtered Water
now. I use the 3-filter model from Crystal Quest,
with 8-stages of filtering....WY

[www.crystalquest.com]

Date: July 24, 2008 04:41PM

Bryan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> The stories about distilled water leeching
> minerals from your body is a myth.
how reputable is the mercola site? on it it recommended to not drink distilled unless you are cleansing/detoxing. i get why rawies drink and need less water but in transition and while in a relatively newbie phase our bodies are still housecleaning and need the water to help flush out the stored toxins right?
patty

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables