Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

water toxication by eating too much watermelon?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 24, 2008 03:51PM

Hello,
Lately I read a lot about water toxication, when you drink too much water (more than 4 liters a day) you can die since the brain cannot get rid of all the fluid.

I regularly eat a big watermelon a day and I calculated when I eat a real big watermelon a day I get around 5 or 6 liter water in my body which comes from the watermelon.
Now I worry I might get water toxication some day when I continue to eat so much watermelon a day.

By the way, I am almost 7 months pregnant so I also worry that my baby in my womb will get water toxination and that her brain can not get rid of all the fluid if I eat too much watermelon,

Any body some advice /comments on this?

Thanks.. ( sorry for my incorrect English, since I am not native English speaker..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: water toxication by eating too much watermelon?
Date: July 24, 2008 03:53PM

Eat what you need and stop when content.

F1

Posted by: zella ()
Date: July 24, 2008 04:24PM

7 months. That's when the worrying starts in. You are in for a lifetime of worry. But don't fret, you will get somewhat used to it. I remember the day it started for me. I visualized my little sister falling down the stairs. And I thought "why am I thinking of such a horrible thing?" I later realized it was the mother worry thing starting. It is designed to help us forsee accidents and help us keep our children safe. But at first it can be overwelming.

Since I have changed us to a raw food lifestyle the worry is much less. There is more of a peace within me that I can trust my instincts with his safety and what he eats. I know now I can trust my body to tell me how much and what I need to eat. And I can trust his too. He tells me what he wants and I try and get it for him.

Indulge that craving for watermelon! Your body is telling you it needs it.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: July 24, 2008 04:42PM

Your body will not let the baby get too much water.

Date: July 24, 2008 06:23PM

I'm a bit of a dimwit on this matter but saw a program about a sportman who got this. The narrator explained that it occurs when there is too much water in the body, and not enough sodium.

Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: July 24, 2008 06:49PM

I really wouldn't worry about it. :-) Fruit is man's natural biological food and your body knows how to handle it.

Just eat *enough* - not too little, not too much. Too much of anything isn't good either, but I doubt you could actually overeat on watermelon!

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: July 24, 2008 08:51PM

eat 'till your heart's content and then make yourself a watermelon bra...edit: oops just in case...or maybe watermelon briefs if you're a guy. hehe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2008 08:54PM by rawangel.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 24, 2008 11:59PM

Hmmm....death by watermelon. Not likely. Eating fruit is usually self-regulating. You will probably get ENOUGH water....but not water poisoning....heh..heh. Just my opinion.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: July 25, 2008 01:34AM

Joeyyoon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello,
>
>
> I regularly eat a big watermelon a day and I
> calculated when I eat a real big watermelon a day
> I get around 5 or 6 liter water in my body which
> comes from the watermelon.
>
>
> By the way, I am almost 7 months pregnant so I
> also worry that my baby in my womb will get water
> toxination and that her brain can not get rid of
> all the fluid if I eat too much watermelon,
>
>

Do be careful as your delivery date approaches.. [journals.sfu.ca]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables