Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

eczema rash
Date: July 23, 2008 05:15PM

My friend in North Carolina, whom I'm visiting, well her husband has eczema. I wonder if you could let me know what kind of foods are good to eat and how long it would take to heal it? He is 50% raw and he is not even a vegeterian. He does love all raw veggies and fruits though.

If this topic was discussed before, can you send me to the site, thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: eczema rash
Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 23, 2008 05:58PM

i got a tip from a board buddy as far as my daughter`s eczema goes. i made my own lotion out of unrefined shea butter and tea tree oil and lavener oil which i use daily and put it on her as well. that along with a b complex liquid supplement has kept her skin pretty smooth. calendula cream is really good for it as well.
patty

Posted by: rufio ()
Date: July 23, 2008 07:50PM

Have him eat a cucumber everyday. Or even 2 or 3.
I have mild psoriasis and found that a high alkaline yields the best results. Cucumber is one of the most alkalizing foods out there. Also limit the cooked beans and grains if he is eating those. Definitely cut out meats and dairy. The more raw fruits and veggies, the more alkalized his body will get and the eczema should improve dramatically.

Posted by: goodsamaritan ()
Date: July 24, 2008 02:52AM

See my website to learn how to cure eczema [www.eczemacure.info]
You can email me for free consultation.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: July 24, 2008 04:29AM

Dee,

Eczema and other skin ailments are less about what you eat and more about what you don't eat. Your friend ought to try eliminating food groups from his diet until the eczema improves in an order that might look something like this:

dairy
fats cooked at high temps
meat
processed foods
eggs
wheat
foods cooked at temps higher than steaming/boiling water
other grains

A low fat whole foods cooked (steaming/boiling/low temp cooking) vegan diet would probably work.

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: July 24, 2008 05:36AM

Hi Deegarry,

I recently experienced a healing crises of eczema around my mouth. I water fasted for a week, then fasted for a couple of days on cucumber-ginger-lemon-celery juice. Wiped it right out. EVOO or aloe vera oil dabbed directly on the rash with a cottonball 2-3x per day will help clear it up too.

The water fast may be extreme for your friend, but I definately suggest drinking plenty of cucumber juice and using EVOO. It really works!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2008 05:50AM by rawangel.

Date: July 24, 2008 03:32PM

Thank you all for your replies! I will definitely print this out for him to read! I will also tell him to check out that webstie - goodsamaritan. Thanks again, great information!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 24, 2008 03:55PM

My friend also had extreme eczema rash, i adviced to start with supplementing Chlorella ( chlorella is the only supplement I support, I do not support other supplements)

and to put organic cocnut oil on the skin, after some months all the rash was gone..

(by the way..eating organic and not smoking will help more, since I believe rash is all about too much toxins in your body)

Hope this will help to you friend...

Posted by: rufio ()
Date: July 25, 2008 05:53AM

Natural News just posted an article on Eczema:
[www.naturalnews.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables