Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Question for 80/10/10ers AND Calorie Estimate Requested
Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: July 22, 2008 12:08AM

I've been raw for about two years and I'm thinking maybe I'm ready to move myself to a higher level of health. I'm doing a 100-day challenge through www.rawfu.com and I might eat 80/10/10 for the 100 days. I've been slowly eating more and more fruit (it's happening naturally!), so I figure now is the best time to try out 80/10/10 at 100% for a few months. Is 100 days enough to feel a positive difference, do you think?

In order to follow 80/10/10, I'm thinking I'll save my fat for dinner. Does anyone see anything wrong with that? Also, how much fruit would I need to eat during the day if I have an avocado as my fat in the evening with my salad? Is one avocado too much for my daily fat? I may want to sometimes have nuts or seeds in place of the avocado.

Do any of you know how to estimate how many calories I've been taking in over the past six months, or so, based on my weight that hasn't changed? I'm 5'4" and I weight 137 pounds (it fluctuates up and down a little bit, but it's pretty steady at that weight for the past six months, or more). If I'm maintiaining that weight, I must be consuming about the same number of calories per day if I'm consistently not very active (as in I walk some, but I'm mostly sitting or doing light housework).

I'd love to estimate how many calories I've been consuming and maybe cut back a bit, since I still have some more weight to lose (according to charts and my own intuition). Don't get me wrong...I'm happy being down 90 pounds, but my goal is to be as healthy as possible. So, if I'm carrying extra fat I want to get rid of it. Or, do you think I should just eat as much fruit as I want and not think about calories for the 100 days?

Did I ask too many questions?

Thanks for any advice and responses!

Lots of love to all of you,

Wendi
XOXOXO

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Question for 80/10/10ers AND Calorie Estimate Requested
Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 22, 2008 12:22AM

GypsyArdor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Is one avocado
> too much for my daily fat?

1 avo might push you over the 10% mark....maybe 1/2 an avo?

> Do any of you know how to estimate how many
> calories I've been taking in over the past six
> months, or so, based on my weight that hasn't
> changed?

why don`t you do fitday.com for a couple weeks or just one week and see what the average is?

>Or, do you think I
> should just eat as much fruit as I want and not
> think about calories for the 100 days?
i don`t think you should worry about the fruit part

> Did I ask too many questions?
no LOL
patty

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: July 22, 2008 12:31AM

Make it easy on yourself and just buy the book, it answers everything you'll need to know. Good Luck Wendi :O)

Date: July 22, 2008 03:14AM

Or just eat what resonates with you.....you never see animals in the wild stressing out over calculating their food ratio's...ha,ha

By the time they finish their foods run off!!!!

F1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2008 03:17AM by fruitarianfitness.

Posted by: mira ()
Date: July 22, 2008 03:23PM

nutridiary.com

to help you calcuate the % of each groupe, very useful for 811 raw vegans! smiling smiley

Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: July 23, 2008 02:51AM

Wendi, if I were you I would probably eat as much fruit as I wanted for that duration and not stress about calories, but maybe once a week plug in your food intake for that day into nutridiary.com to see where you're heading. :-)

If you're eating about 2000 cals a day, then a small avo would not be too much. If I eat fat I usually eat it in the evening like you said - mainly because it takes forever to digest and it makes me sluggish and unable to eat much fruit if I eat it earlier in the day.

HTH! :-)

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: July 25, 2008 12:32AM

Thanks, everyone. I do have the 80/10/10 book and Dr Graham's newest recipe book. I think I'm going to do it...challenge myself to do the 80/10/10 for 100 days to see how it makes me feel.

Do you think 50 days of following 80/10/10 at 100% will be long enough to feel a difference? I'm asking because I'm thinking I'd like to get closer and closer to 80/10/10 over the first 50 days and then for the final 50 days be 100% 80/10/10 and see how it feels.

Lots of love to all of you,

Wendi

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 25, 2008 03:54PM

GypsyArdor Wrote:
. I think I'm going
> to do it...challenge myself to do the 80/10/10 for
> 100 days to see how it makes me feel.
> Lots of love to all of you,
>
> Wendi

good luck and let us know how the ride goes smiling smiley
patty

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables