Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I'm sick of pain (update)
Posted by: dude ()
Date: July 27, 2008 04:48PM

This is an update of I am sick of pain.

Here was the story (and below I will give the update):

I have side effects from some herbs I took. My eyes are in terrible pain when I stare at a computer screen, and I have joint pain about 2 hours after I eat cooked foods. I don't know what to do anymore.

I tried eating "raw" or "boiled" foods but I lose my energy the whole day. I cannot get up from the couch because I am too hungry. I am a university student and don't have time to waste. I cannot stay on the couch the whole day because I'm hungry when I have tests I need to study for.

I don't want to go to the doctor. Oh he will forward me to my optometrist for my eyes and he, in turn, will give me a new prescription. That's not what I want because I know my eyes can be fixed. Those difficult days I had with eating raw/boiled foods my eyes didn't hurt when I looked at a computer screen. I saw a lot of progress.

One more thing, I cannot start with eating some raw foods and slowly get to the stage where I don't eat any fried ones because of the pain in my eyes.
I'm sorry if I sound like a baby, but when your eyes hurt like hell it's so hard to study for tests.

Any suggestion?

Well after I heard the suggestions given out by Brian and David Z. Mason I tried something.
Ok, I decided to eat my usual fried food for dinner but only in moderation. I only ate 1 plate of pasta on Friday, and only 2 slices of pizza on Saturday. After I ate that short dinner I ate so many carrots and 3 bananas. Then at around 8 p.m., which is when I usually get hungry, I ate half of a watermelon. I realize that carrots practically eliminate your hunger.

Consequences: My eyes are feeling better. I no longer get the “tears” that come out of nowhere. Friday night, I stayed up until 3 a.m. on the computer, guess what……….with no pain in my eyes! How great is that?
The other beautiful part is that I don’t grave fried foods. You know if I don’t eat any fried foods at all then eating the fruits & vegetables will make my day boring, I will feel a sense of emptiness and hunger. But with eating just a plate of fried food my body seems to accept eating fruits for the rest of the day. I guess this is where David’s help comes in “then start from where you are 100% comfortable and feel no pain....and stretch a little from there.”. David you also asked “IS there a diet that doesn't cause you pain?” I guess I do right now. Eating 1 plate of fried food, and the rest of the day fruits & vegetables. No more pain in the eyes, this feels great!

One final comment that might help others in my situation:
I think that the vegetables I ate previously, such as tomatoes, were not fresh enough. You know when I tried to eat a tomato by itself (without any other foods) it didn’t feel good. I could sense that my stomach is not happy. With bananas, watermelon, and carrots that does not happen. So, maybe mystery is solved. Also, Bryan's idea of eating too much of the same fruit seems to help a great deal (with the watermelon, bananas, and carrots it's great)

Do expect me to ask for some more tips in the near future, but right now there seems to be some light at the end of the tunnel.

Great thanks to all for the suggestions.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I'm sick of pain (update)
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 27, 2008 05:06PM

That's GREAT dude. You're making the changes man. It's not about some 'ideal'. It's about YOUR dreams/goals...and what works for YOU.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 27, 2008 05:48PM

Here's a link to the original thread:
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: July 27, 2008 07:30PM

dude, I guess I answered your orig post too late. Anyhow, great that you are better. Therese

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables