Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Is Dulse a natural detox?
Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: July 28, 2008 06:45PM

I read in one article that dulse can naturally detox (or increase the body's detoxofication capabilities). I have been taking Dulse since Wednesday last week, and I feel clogged up sinuses and headaches after I started. I don't know if this is a coincidence or does it really start another healing/ detox session in my body?

Does any one know about this aspect of dulse.. I guess I shouldn't complain, if the body wants to detox and dulse is helping thats fine by me. But I am just curious.. did dulse start this or was it just coincidence...

Any input will be very helpful.

Tahnsk

Take care
A Iyer

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is Dulse a natural detox?
Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: July 28, 2008 07:31PM

it's pretty detoxifying. i've read it removes metal from the body and helps clear up skin problems among other things. come to think of it i had some 2 days ago and my nose was a bit runny for a few hours the next day. it was probably from the dulse as i put a considerable amount of it in a raw soup i prepared.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2008 07:32PM by rawangel.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 28, 2008 11:01PM

What form is the Dulse in ? Is it a pill or a whole food ?

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: July 29, 2008 12:26AM

^^^^ i eat it as a whole food...looks like purple seaweed

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 29, 2008 12:14PM

I think any Seaweed is a natural Detox (heavy metals). I can see the
Sea Vegetables as being a natural Diet for early Man (who lived on the Coasts).
I use a lot of Sea Lettuce in my Green Smoothies. It blends well after only a quick pre-soak (to remove some of the Salt)......WY

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: July 29, 2008 04:00PM

Thans all, I have sinus headache, stuffy nose and also my back is sore suddenly... I read that heavy metal detox can cause body pain. So could dulse be doing that...

Take care
A Iyer

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: July 29, 2008 11:27PM

forgive me for being so predictable, but i don't think foods detox.

the body does that.

the reactions that you've had are defensive due to salt and other negative aspects of dulse, not detox

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: July 30, 2008 12:01AM

I agree with fresh. If you want to eat dulse, rinse several times to get the salt off the dulse. If you still get detox after eating the well-rinsed dulse, it may be that the dulse was harvested from polluted waters.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 30, 2008 12:41AM

but i thought that certain foods are cleansing foods? cleansing = detox correct? are there not certain foods that activate the bodies cleansing ability such as cilantro which is supposed to help cleanse heavy metals? i`m confused
patty

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: July 30, 2008 04:32AM

people say a lot of things that get into the thought sphere

unfortunately there's often no evidence for many claims.

[en.wikipedia.org]

click on reference number 9

is it possible that through the eons organisms became exquisitely capable of assimilating food, expelling waste and toxins and such without our meddling?

how many scientific studies are well controlled with respect to variables? precious few.

similarly there seems to be even among health conscious people a persistent need to be involved with dosing ourselves with certain amounts of Protein, or Carbs or whatever, as opposed to simply eating foods that taste good to which we are adapted in the many relevant ways including procurement and digestion.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables