Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Green For Life and 80/10/10
Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: August 01, 2008 08:54PM

Hi everyone,

I just picked up the Green For Life book from the library. I haven't read it yet, but I have a question. Inside the front flap there are some pie charts, showing that the diet of a wild chimp (which the book is based on, I believe) is predominantly fruit, followed by a lot of greens and a small percentage of fats. I've read Dough Graham's 80/10/10 book, and this pie chart is looking like it may actually be 80/10/10.

Has anyone looked at the similarities/differences between 80/10/10 and Green For Life? At first glance, they look the same to me--just worded differently.

What do you think?

Lots of love to all of you,

Wendi
XOXOXO

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Green For Life and 80/10/10
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: August 01, 2008 10:09PM

GypsyArdor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> At first glance, they look the same to me--just worded
> differently.
They're not the same. The 80/10/10 Diet is predominately
Fruit (80% Carbohydrates) with 10% Protein and 10% Fat. The 'Green
for Life' Diet (as I understand it) is a balance of Fruit and Greens,
closer to 50-50, with a lower amount of Protein and Fat.
An interesting chapter in "Green for Life" shows the Chimpanzee Diet
as being 50% Fruit and around 45% Greens, with the remainder coming
from Grubs and Roots (fat and protein). The author makes a strong case
that Modern Man should eat like the Chimps.....WY

Date: August 01, 2008 10:32PM

Thanks, WY!

I was thinking the 80/10/10 pound of greens might be equal to the greens section of the pie chart, but I guess not. I'm going to be reading the Green For Life book this weekend.

I'm not one to completely follow any one person's advice, but I like to be open and find out what others are doing. I'm currently trying out 80/10/10 to see how it feels for my body. I like experiementing to see what works best for me. I know, without a doubt, that raw works better than cooked for my body. So, I'll never be going back to cooked.

Lots of love to you,

Wendi
XOXOXO

Date: August 02, 2008 12:01AM

'Different Strokes for Different Folks'.
A better book to read and follow (IMHO) is Tonya Zavasta's
"Quantum Eating". She looks the Part, but then so does Doug
Graham.......WY

Date: August 02, 2008 12:29AM

"Quantum Eating" is actually on my list of books to check out in the near future. Thanks for mentioning it. :-)

Lots of love to you,

Wendi
XOXOXO

Date: August 02, 2008 12:35AM

GypsyArdor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Quantum Eating" is actually on my list of books
> to check out in the near future. Thanks for
> mentioning it. :-)
In Theory, "Quantum Eating" is the best book of
the three (QE, 8/1/1, G for L). But as Yogi Berra said "In theory
there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice
there is"......WY

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: August 02, 2008 12:11PM

I'm also reading green for life right now and it's directed toward the neglect that people have projected onto greens. Did you know the greens on carrots (carrots=roots) are actually more nutrient dense and lower calorie then the actual carrot root?-a little knowledge from the book. It's plain ignorance on human part to always throw away what may seem like the useless object for the sweeter tasting one. The author also explains why we get certain cravings (basically how you're raised and your vitamin/mineral/protein intake) and also the benefits of all-green protein over that of meat and other "complex" proteins. I am very interested in the 80/10/10 book because Graham is a p.h.d as well as an athlete, and I think it would be very interesting to see what he has to explain. A lot of people have gotten the best fitness results with his diet (and mentally ofcourse). For me, my interests have to be covered both on a physical level and a mental level, so it's taking a while for me to convert completely. Hopefully the 80/10/10 will cover my concerns and questions, but I plan on going raw as soon as everything is sorted out. Anyway, it's cool that we are reading the same books; keep posting to update your thoughts about them smiling smiley

-Chloe

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables