Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

overeating
Posted by: mallow ()
Date: June 30, 2006 10:56PM

I have no problem staying raw- no cooked cravings, etc, and I don't eat raw "junk" like dehydrated or poorly combined food or dried fruit, but when I eat I eat too much.
After I eat fruits, (watermelon and pineapple, mostly) I eat either half a big watermelon (about a basket ball and a halfsized), a whole smallish one (3/4 bball sized, approx.), or two pineapples. A bit much for my belly, but I feel okay because they digest rather quickly.
However, some days (I have my fruit for breakfast) I have fats plus veggies for lunch/dinner, and I eat too much. They don't digest as quickly as fruit! I try to eat less, and I've gotton a bit better, but it's very hard for me.
Today I had 9 nori wraps for lunch, made with romaine, carrots, almond, walnuts, miso, lemon, nutritional yeast, cayenne, spinach, and fermented daikon radish salad. They were SO SO SO good, and I felt fine after eating it all, but afterwards when I was walking around I felt bloated and thirsty, and my energy level fell big time.
Please, some words of wisdom.
-mallow

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: overeating
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 01, 2006 02:37AM

You need to add more green to your diet and reduce the fruit. Fruit make the body too acidic. Read Green for Life by Victoria Boutenko [www.amazon.com]

Also make sure to eat foodter with Calcium-Phosphorus Ratio greater than 1. [www.njboxers.com]

Posted by: reuben ()
Date: July 01, 2006 03:47AM

Well, there's bad habits that have to be delt with at times, but i think yer problem may be eating too much volumne but not getting enough nutrient, the food that's availible in stores is only a fraction of the nutrient density that it should be. The finding that cows eat less grass when it's high brix grass is interesting.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: July 01, 2006 06:00AM

I disagree with the other posters. The reason you eat too much is because on the days that you eat fats/veggies for lunch AND dinner, you didn't eat enough fruit that day. Thus once you start eating the fatty meal, you keep eating until you get stuff, and still you are not satisfied.

Try eating more fruit throughout the day. Eat fruit for breakfast, lunch, and a snack before dinner. Then eat the fatty meal last.

Also, the nori wraps that didn't digest were a difficult combination to digest. Eating one kind of fat in a meal is hard enough, using two fats (almond/walnuts) make the digestion of fats even slower and more difficult. The reason you were thirsty afterwards is because of all the salt in the miso. Also, nuts plus soy is a difficult to digest combination, as fats slow down the digestion of proteins. Fermented foods contain acetic acids, which will also halt the digestion process.

Try making the same nori wraps without the nuts, miso, nutritional yeast, cayenne, and fermented daikon radish, and see how well those wraps digest.

By the way, the miso and nutritional yeast are cooked.

Posted by: mallow ()
Date: July 07, 2006 08:25PM

Thank you for your wisdom, Bryan.
I do know that nutritional yeast and miso are cooked, but I have encluded them in my diet because I felt unsure of getting an adequate supply of some vitamins and minerals.
I will try combinations that are more simple.
Also, the days that I have fat+veggie meals for lunc/dinner almost always means two pineapples or a watermelon around 8 am, and then a big fat+veggie meal around 4 pm. The reason why I do this is so that I can eat my fat/veggie meal on a completely empty stomach (for better digestion.)

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: July 08, 2006 01:06AM

Melons should be eaten alone or they will cause bloating.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 09, 2006 12:47AM

I do all right with melons blended together with greens. Adding 1-2 lbs. of organic greens (blended with fruit to make it both easily digestable and palatable) has curbed my tendency to overeat or feel hungry.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables