Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Alumosilicate in Bentonite Clay
Posted by: stasia ()
Date: August 02, 2008 08:47PM

This site, trying to knock competing colon cleanses, shockingly said that bentonite clay (which is often drunk in colon cleanses) contains aluminum!?!:

[www.3daycleanse.com]
"Also, Psyllium and Bentonite can possibly cause more harm than good considering Bentonite is up to 35% Aluminum and psyllium can harden like cement creating an adverse reaction. When mixed with water, psyllium produces a substance called mucilage which is similar to adhesive glue binding to the fecal matter. Also Psyllium can cause an allergic reaction in some individuals and can possibly lower blood sugar, so it is ill advised for diabetics. The 3daycleanse ingredient, oil palm trunk fiber, penetrates the fecal matter, lubricates the colon wall. A safer and more effective process."

But it's actually "Alumosilicate" which is in bentonite. Bentonite clay is widely used in industry and I found literally tons of sites refering to it as Alumosilicate.

I did a search with the words: Alumosilicate aluminum poisoning, and nothing popped up that caught my eye. The search, Alumosilicate aluminum overdose, had NO results.

So what gives? Bentonite seems safe unless you are reading a site selling a bentonite-free colon clease.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Alumosilicate in Bentonite Clay
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: August 02, 2008 10:28PM

The Aluminum Clays are not meant for Human consumption. The Clays
I use are both Calcium based. I recommend Pascalite for external
healing powers. It even 'seals' teeth. Make a Paste out of it to
draw toxins from anywhere on the body. The other clay, Terramin, is
good for internal use for Trace Minerals......WY

[www.pascalite.com]
[www.terramin.com]

Posted by: stasia ()
Date: August 03, 2008 02:47AM

Thanks for the info WY, the type of clay I already have is pascalite clay! I'll have to check out the Terramin, it sounds interesting.

Date: August 03, 2008 01:48PM

stasia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When mixed with
> water, psyllium produces a substance called
> mucilage which is similar to adhesive glue binding
> to the fecal matter.

I thought that was the whole point of taking psyllium on cleanses? it acts gluey and makes everything stick together so you can, uh, get rid of it (LOL).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables