Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

too many walnuts?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 10, 2008 05:44AM

hi... I have found myself craving walnuts lately, and have been eating about 1/2 pound per day lately (I eat only organic raw walnuts). Also, I have been eating them with raw organic honey, mixed together. I feel this gives me some energy , but was wondering, could this be too much on a long term basis? (I am skinny and also looking to put on a few pounds)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2008 05:47AM by tmc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: too many walnuts?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 10, 2008 02:57PM

It's all a matter of YOUR goals. Do the research. Write down what YOU think are the HIGHEST foods for you. In the other column, write down the top the (what YOU consider) to be your worst habits (eating or otherwise). Make a plan (with DO-ABLE, MOTIVATED, DAILY steps) to cut back and eliminate what YOU think are your bad habits, while stetting lifetime goals to incorporate the good habits. The important part is develop a friendliness of PROCESS - that never end. It's a lifetime (or more) thing. winking smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: August 10, 2008 03:10PM

It probably is too much to keep eating massive quantities of them- maybe you could eat less, but add some grated apple and raisins (and some cinnamon, if you like spices) to your nut/sweet mixture? Very tasty combo!

I always find I go through nut phases- probably my body telling me something. Years ago I was a cashew-aholic, at xmas I used to be mad on almonds and hazelnuts, and a short time back I got completely sick of overeating walnuts!

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: August 10, 2008 03:26PM

what about walnuts and dates instead?

don't worry about it - your desires will change over time.

from what i understand, food doesn't give energy in the way you mean it unless its a stimulant.

but certainly do what works during transition if thats where you are...

to gain weight do resistance training and eat a sufficient amount of high water content foods. eating walnuts won't necessarily add "weight"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables