Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New direction ?
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: August 12, 2008 02:22PM

I have been raw for just over a year now and I am wondering what the effect would be of changing direction in terms of how I am doing raw ?
Presently I am a fresh raw vegan food eater that dosn't own a dehydrator and eats my food whole and fresh as it is found in the garden. My average eating day consists of an assortment of delicious fresh fruit eaten as simple mono meals until evening when I make a couple of fresh salads that only have a few fresh ingredients and a fresh made dressing of avocado and tomato blended without adding water. I use no seasonings, condiments, flavorings, "super foods", or supplements except B12. I have made amazing progress (amazing to me) and don't want to lose that progress by compromising my eating unless it won't effect the results I have experienced. I have gone from a size 40" pant waist to a size 34" and still dropping. I am no longer a "couch potato". I feel good and have energy to do things again. I am just wondering if I start eating a denser (Dehydrated) raw diet that is centered on gourmet, desert and recipes rather then simple fresh raw will it still work OK ? Does anyone eat a mostly dense, complicated raw diet and if so does it work as far as weight, energy, and health ? I would appreciate any comments as I don't ever want to wear my old "tent" pants again but I am looking to expand my eating horizons consistent with my goals of being healthy, trim, and energetic. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New direction ?
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: August 12, 2008 02:43PM

I mix it up and I always feel much better and lighter on fresh fruits. I have maintained the same weight but I don't feel as good or near the amount of energy.

Date: August 12, 2008 02:53PM

Experiment...find what works for you!

F1

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 12, 2008 03:09PM

I think, if you continue to improve as you are doing....and cleaning out internally....that you can do just as F1 says and experiment and see how such a diet fares for you. One cannot live one's life in fear of trying what is on one's mind in an intelligent manner.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: August 12, 2008 04:32PM

I eat some raw gourmet. Not necessarily every day, but whenever I want to (maybe 3-4 times per week, preferably things made at home). I also love raw chocolate and eat that at times. But the majority of my diet is greens and fruit.

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: August 12, 2008 04:48PM

EZ rider Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am just
> wondering if I start eating a denser (Dehydrated)
> raw diet that is centered on gourmet, desert and
> recipes rather then simple fresh raw will it still
> work OK ? Does anyone eat a mostly dense,
> complicated raw diet and if so does it work as far
> as weight, energy, and health ? I would appreciate
> any comments as I don't ever want to wear my old
> "tent" pants again but I am looking to expand my
> eating horizons consistent with my goals of being
> healthy, trim, and energetic. Thanks.

Hey EZRider, I started out eating a lot of gourmet raw foods. In particular because I used to love to cook and bake when I was a cooked vegetarian/vegan. Over time, my tastes have become more simplified and I can no longer eat the denser, oftentimes more fatty raw foods. Alot of the recipes require nuts and dates and such. Nothing wrong with these - just stating my own experience - not opening this up for debate in case anyone is in their raw gourmet stage. :-) I just found that I began to shift to eating more whole, fresh, organic fruits, vegetables and leafy greens naturally. I had a huge amount of energy eating the gourmet foods and this energy is sustained today eating more a simplified raw diet. I don't think there's any right answer, just listen to your body. It perhaps wants to have some of the gourmet goodies and test the waters. You're healthy now and always, just keep that as a focus is my recommendation. Don't so much focus on what's on the horizon, but that you're already there. Enjoy your food and have fun experimenting. :-D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables