Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
What does Tiger woods have to say about all this?
Posted by: globalresult ()
Date: August 13, 2008 06:21AM

Read this is article and see what the Tiger is eating.

Rehabilitating Tiger rules out swinging a club until 2009 By Mark Lamport-Stokes
Tue Aug 12, 2:59 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Tiger Woods has said he will be unable to swing a golf club until next year as he recovers from reconstructive knee surgery.

ADVERTISEMENT

The American world number one decided to have surgery on his left knee for a fourth time after winning the U.S. Open in mid-June, ending his 2008 PGA Tour campaign.

"As far as swinging a club, that's not going to happen until next year," Woods said in his monthly newsletter on Tuesday. "I just don't have a choice.

"We simply don't know what type of swelling there would be or if there would be any residual effects the next day once you start wheeling and dealing on the knee. Everyone's body reacts differently. I could putt right now but I'm not going to do it."

Woods, a winner of 14 major titles, underwent an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction of his left knee. He had torn his knee ligament after last year's British Open at Carnoustie while running and took 10 weeks off at the end of the 2007 season.

He took a further two months off after having arthroscopic surgery two days after the Masters in April and did not play competitively until the June 12-15 U.S. Open.

"I don't know what the doctors are going to tell me about playing golf down the road," the 32-year-old added. "I'm taking it day-to-day, week-to-week. All I'm doing every day is looking forward to my next day."

WEIGHT LOSS

Woods said his rehabilitation was going well, despite an initial weight loss.

"I'm a lot more mobile, which is really nice," he added. "The big thing is I've started my rehab and can ride the (exercise) bike. I can't ride it hard -- just motion -- but am getting in two or three sessions a day.

"Initially, I probably lost about 10 pounds because I wasn't working out. All of that was muscle. I've put about two pounds back on, but I'm still pretty light. I'm eating mostly raw and organic foods that provide the most nutrients."

While spending quality time at home with his Swedish wife Elin and young daughter Sam Alexis, Woods has been watching television coverage of the Olympic Games.

He also watched last week's U.S. PGA Championship at Oakland Hills where Ireland's Padraig Harrington won his second successive major title.

"I want to congratulate Padraig Harrington on his wins at the British (Open) and PGA," said Woods, PGA champion in 1999, 2000, 2006 and 2007.

"As a two-time defending PGA champion, it was a lot more frustrating not to be competing and that hurts the most."

(Editing by Trevor Huggins)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What does Tiger woods have to say about all this?
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: August 13, 2008 11:24AM

Wow -- good for him.

Date: August 13, 2008 12:21PM

Personally I wouldn't read too much into this...it doesn't sound like he has any passion for it.

It's interesting that he thinks he lost weight because he wasn't working out....whoever is advising him on his diet isn't very well versed on the raw food lifestyle or he's not eating as much raw foods as is assumed, it means nothing to me when "CELEBS" claim to eat raw foods, after all most don't ever stick to it or promote the lifestyle, they do it for a movie or to recover from some illness then they go straight back to cooked foods when the raw foods has healed them, most SAD eaters eat raw foods in the form of salads, etc but that doesn't make them raw vegans, heck I bet he couldn't give a hoot about the raw lifestyle, as soon as he's fit he'll probably go right back to what he thinks is "real" food.

F1

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2008 12:35PM by fruitarianfitness.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: August 13, 2008 01:11PM

fruitarianfitness Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Personally I wouldn't read too much into this...it
> doesn't sound like he has any passion for it.
I'm a big Fan of Tiger Woods. He's the Greatest
Golfer who ever played the game.....Head and Shoulders above
all others. He may be the greatest athlete ever. It goes deeper
than just ability. Just looking at his Body Development tells
me he's Strong......much fitter than the others, who are not
athletes at all (IMO). Most of them even have pot-bellies.
When he says he eats Raw and Organic as much as possible, he's
obviously not 100%, but I wouldn't put him down too much.....WY

Date: August 13, 2008 01:18PM

Wheatgrass Yogi Wrote:
> fruitarianfitness Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Personally I wouldn't read too much into
> this...it
> > doesn't sound like he has any passion for it.
> I'm a big Fan of Tiger Woods. He's the Greatest
> Golfer who ever played the game.....Head and
> Shoulders above
> all others. He may be the greatest athlete ever.
> It goes deeper
> than just ability. Just looking at his Body
> Development tells
> me he's Strong......much fitter than the others,
> who are not
> athletes at all (IMO). Most of them even have
> pot-bellies.
> When he says he eats Raw and Organic as much as
> possible, he's
> obviously not 100%, but I wouldn't put him down
> too much.....WY

I wasn't putting him down....it's simply my person opinion.

F1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2008 01:21PM by fruitarianfitness.

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: August 13, 2008 02:55PM

fruitarianfitness Wrote:

Doesn't matter about his level of passion. He's such an influential icon, people will get curious and start googling "raw". Especially the youngins'. That's where the true magic enters in. :-)

Same thing happened when Oprah went raw vegan for 3 weeks late this Spring. Friends of mine who follow her were all over that. I don't watch O, but I thought it was pretty funny because they won't listen to me and you woulda thought it was the first time they heard about the raw food lifestyle. But they'll listen to Oprah. Go figure. lol. I let it go and realize however folks obtain health info and knowledge is a good thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2008 02:58PM by rawangel.

Posted by: baltochef ()
Date: August 13, 2008 03:32PM

FI

You are probably correct that Tiger Woods will return to his old diet as soon as his rehab is over..

OTOH, he is such an intelligent athlete that there is at least a slim chance that if the raw & organic foods make an appreciable difference in his health that he might explore the raw diet beyond what he currently is using it for..

This is our greatest hope..That a truly influential celebrity athlete such as TW will switch to a raw vegan diet while they are still in the prime of their athletic career..If such a world class athlete could go raw vegan & still retain all of their athletic prowess & continue to dominate & win; then the positive consequences for the raw community would be incalculable..

I'll reiterate that the chances of that happening are slight, but if it did happen then it would be a huge positive step forward for us..We can olny hope!!..

Bruce

Date: August 13, 2008 03:39PM

rawangel Wrote:
> fruitarianfitness Wrote:
> -----
> > Personally I wouldn't read too much into
> this...it
> > doesn't sound like he has any passion for it.
>
>
> Doesn't matter about his level of passion. He's
> such an influential icon, people will get curious
> and start googling "raw". Especially the
> youngins'. That's where the true magic enters in.
> :-)
>
> Same thing happened when Oprah went raw vegan for
> 3 weeks late this Spring. Friends of mine who
> follow her were all over that. I don't watch O,
> but I thought it was pretty funny because they
> won't listen to me and you woulda thought it was
> the first time they heard about the raw food
> lifestyle. But they'll listen to Oprah. Go
> figure. lol. I let it go and realize however folks
> obtain health info and knowledge is a good thing.

Yeah I guess, ha,ha...I hope it does bring more attention to raw foods but at the same time I don't think the raw movement/community is ready for widespread attention due too much in house fighting/mis-information but that's another story....ha,ha!

F1

Date: August 13, 2008 04:03PM

baltochef Wrote:
> FI
>
> You are probably correct that Tiger Woods will
> return to his old diet as soon as his rehab is
> over..
>
> OTOH, he is such an intelligent athlete that there
> is at least a slim chance that if the raw &
> organic foods make an appreciable difference in
> his health that he might explore the raw diet
> beyond what he currently is using it for..
>
> This is our greatest hope..That a truly
> influential celebrity athlete such as TW will
> switch to a raw vegan diet while they are still in
> the prime of their athletic career..If such a
> world class athlete could go raw vegan & still
> retain all of their athletic prowess & continue to
> dominate & win; then the positive consequences for
> the raw community would be incalculable..
>
> I'll reiterate that the chances of that happening
> are slight, but if it did happen then it would be
> a huge positive step forward for us..We can olny
> hope!!..
>
> Bruce

I hear what your saying and I agree!

Well at the end of the day none of us actually know what he is doing or how he really feels about raw foods and to be honest it's none of my/our business anyway.

Yes Tiger Woods eats some raw foods, good for him, to be honest with you I don't get excited about things like that because there's plenty of people on this board working hard at going raw that deserve as much attention as him, I also know a lot of non-raw folks that eat raw foods too...and as for his "celebrity" status bringing more attention to rawfoods, many other "celebs" have gone before him with the raw foods and have not stuck with it so still no "celeb" that I know of takes it seriously enough as a longterm lifestyle for others to follow.

Tiger Woods is not putting himself up to represent the raw foods community he's simply stating that as a part of his recovery he's been eating some raw foods...now if the raw lifestyle was to get another dose of attention because a "celeb" wants to try it out I would rather see it done in a way that educates people about what they are getting into first, from a more experienced individual, rather than a bunch of people that know nothing about the raw lifestyle going raw because they read an article about how their favourite "celeb" eats raw foods and then bailing out when they lose too much weight or feel exhausted all the time.....I've seen and worked with so many people that have got themselves messed up by not knowing what they were getting into.

I think at the very least it would be good for folks that are simply interested in increasing their raw food intake but essentially have no interest in going raw.

Juss my opinion.

F1

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2008 04:13PM by fruitarianfitness.

Date: August 13, 2008 04:22PM

baltochef Wrote:
> FI
>
> This is our greatest hope..That a truly
> influential celebrity athlete such as TW will
> switch to a raw vegan diet while they are still in
> the prime of their athletic career..If such a
> world class athlete could go raw vegan & still
> retain all of their athletic prowess & continue to
> dominate & win; then the positive consequences for
> the raw community would be incalculable..
> Bruce

I think it's so easy to think/say this but as former pro sportsman myself I know that if I would have gone Fruitarian while I was still playing Rugby League I would of been traded or fired!!!!...my perfomance /attitude would of got so bad during my detox/transitioning phase that I probably would not of been able to withstand the physical knocks/tackles, etc.

As athletes new to the raw lifestyle it's really hard to see the truth and often the raw foods get blamed when their perfomance drops off.....so for me a high profile pro ahtlete like Tiger would need a darn good raw coach to guide him through the transitioning process and to explain what's really going on with his body, maybe then he would stand more of a chance with actually wanting to stick to it.

F1

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2008 04:26PM by fruitarianfitness.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: August 13, 2008 05:23PM

If Tiger Woods went 100% Raw Vegan, he would probably
lose his Competitive Edge. Would he feel more like
Meditating or ripping apart the competition? Meat makes
one aggressive (and short lived)......WY

Date: August 13, 2008 05:41PM

Wheatgrass Yogi Wrote:
> If Tiger Woods went 100% Raw Vegan, he would
> probably
> lose his Competitive Edge. Would he feel more like
>
> Meditating or ripping apart the competition? Meat
> makes
> one aggressive (and short lived)......WY

Ha,ha can you imaging Tiger going raw and cussing out the reporters because he's detoxing....ha,ha!

Yeah I believe he would lose his edge but only while detoxing...once he's clean enough to stabilize he would come back twice the competitor!!!!...but try telling Nike that they are going to have to wait till he's done transitioning before he gets back to normal, ha,ha....this is why a lot of athletes don't want to take a chance on going raw!

F1

Posted by: baltochef ()
Date: August 13, 2008 05:54PM

WY & F1

All of what you both say is true..

The point that I was getting around to making is this:

TW has shown the positive mental attitude & stick-to-it-tive-ness twice already in his short career to substantially change his golf swing & both times come back better than when he started the swing changes..Very few pro athletes have shown the ability to change the way that they perform whatever athletic endeavor that they participate in & come back better than before..Much less to successfully do so twice..

TW received a ton of criticism from the sporting press & the general public when he was initially less successful in winning while transitioning through the swing changes..

Any man with the mental abilities to focus as TW has would be in my estimation a very good candidate for a short, successful transition from SAD to raw..

His obvious intelligence would hopefully allow him to seek proper advice from another raw athlete that had made a similar transition..

Bruce

Posted by: DerekXMcCoy ()
Date: August 13, 2008 06:42PM

I'd like to see John Daly become a raw foodist. Now that would be interesting! smiling smiley

Date: August 13, 2008 06:48PM

DerekXMcCoy Wrote:
> I'd like to see John Daly become a raw foodist.
> Now that would be interesting! smiling smiley

Ha,ha...I'd like to see Mike Tyson detoxing!!!!....ha,ha,ha

F1

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: August 13, 2008 07:23PM

I'm all for the word getting out. For whatever reason, people consider him to be an example. If it gets one person to think twice about the grease laden crap they are shoveling into their gullet, awesome!

Lee

[www.dhamma.org]

"May all beings be happy."

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 13, 2008 07:28PM

Lee_123 Wrote:
> I'm all for the word getting out. For whatever
> reason, people consider him to be an example. If
> it gets one person to think twice about the grease
> laden crap they are shoveling into their gullet,
> awesome!
>
> Lee
>
> [www.dhamma.org]
>
> "May all beings be happy."

AMEN! even if it`s just one raw meal a day as opposed to none. 1 apple opposed to none...the snowball`s gotta form from a flake before it can pick up momentum and start rolling!! LOL
patty

Date: August 13, 2008 11:11PM

Yes,

This is very true.

So many people want to be like Tiger so it can only benefit the organic fresh food industry and this means better pricing for all.

He is a icon trust me people do read these types of things.

Great to see he has some common sense.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: August 14, 2008 08:27PM

I can't believe folks being harsh on this

Check out Mr. McLympics

"Phelps starts his day by eating three fried egg sandwiches loaded with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise.

He follows that up with coffee, a five-egg omelet, a bowl of corn grits, French toast topped with powdered sugar and three chocolate-chip pancakes.

At lunch, Phelps chomps a pound of enriched pasta and two large ham and cheese sandwiches - followed by 1000 calories worth of energy drinks.

For dinner, Phelps munches another pound of pasta and a pizza, plus another 1000 calories of energy drinks."

[wjz.com]

LOL

Alot of celebs have embraced a raw diet ( or a least a more natural one, it seems from what I hear that some kind of atkins/raw food hybrid is popular). To me it is all good.

What the public could serve them self to understand is that there is a level of deception pervading popular thinking in which foods that are presented as health promoting are in fact one key factor in 'causing' disease. Or that there is a softening/misunderstanding of how damaging certain 'foods' are, and not just the most obvious ones.

People like David Wolfe might have a point that instead of telling people 'NO' to simply introduce exotic new foods that are 'health promoting' and that MAY function better in keeping folks motivated. But the reality is their health won't really improve till they REMOVE all the nonsense.

To me this is what I see as a general trend among celebs and people in general, eating a conscious (more restrictive) diet, involvement in a spiritual practice, growing their own food etc..., many movie stars live on ranches in unpolluted areas

Of course everyday people don't have the means that celebs do, but everyone COULD potentially bring more consciousness to their food choices.

people need to get away from 'three-squares a day' and THIS TYPE OF CRAP
[health.yahoo.com]

Alot of people don't have the discipline, reserve, knowledge, or even the necessity of choosing a raw diet or even a vegan diet

I like what F1 said, the "raw-community" doesn't even have its head on strait, and cannot properly 'educate' an influx of obese detoxing angry Americans.

I settle for a high grade athlete that just says NO to Mc Chicken sandwiches.

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: August 15, 2008 02:14AM

Where do you live anaken? Great yard!

Totally horrible yahoo article about smoothies....pecan ice cream in a smoothie!?!? AGH!! You are right, definitely crap!

Date: August 15, 2008 03:14AM

fruitarianfitness Wrote:
> rawangel Wrote:
> -----
> > fruitarianfitness Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Personally I wouldn't read too much into
> > this...it
> > > doesn't sound like he has any passion for it.
> >
> >
> > Doesn't matter about his level of passion.
> He's
> > such an influential icon, people will get
> curious
> > and start googling "raw". Especially the
> > youngins'. That's where the true magic enters
> in.
> > :-)
> >
> > Same thing happened when Oprah went raw vegan
> for
> > 3 weeks late this Spring. Friends of mine who
> > follow her were all over that. I don't watch
> O,
> > but I thought it was pretty funny because they
> > won't listen to me and you woulda thought it
> was
> > the first time they heard about the raw food
> > lifestyle. But they'll listen to Oprah. Go
> > figure. lol. I let it go and realize however
> folks
> > obtain health info and knowledge is a good
> thing.
>
> Yeah I guess, ha,ha...I hope it does bring more
> attention to raw foods but at the same time I
> don't think the raw movement/community is ready
> for widespread attention due too much in house
> fighting/mis-information but that's another
> story....ha,ha!

>
> F1

Isn't that the damn truth F1?! hahaaa. We really need to get our raw "stuff" together before we hit mainstream. :-D

Date: August 15, 2008 03:25AM

anaken Wrote:
> I can't believe folks being harsh on this
>
>
>
> Check out Mr. McLympics
>
> "Phelps starts his day by eating three fried egg
> sandwiches loaded with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes,
> fried onions and mayonnaise.
>
> He follows that up with coffee, a five-egg omelet,
> a bowl of corn grits, French toast topped with
> powdered sugar and three chocolate-chip pancakes.
>
> At lunch, Phelps chomps a pound of enriched pasta
> and two large ham and cheese sandwiches - followed
> by 1000 calories worth of energy drinks.
>
> For dinner, Phelps munches another pound of pasta
> and a pizza, plus another 1000 calories of energy
> drinks."
>
> [wjz.com].
> html
>
> LOL

Wow. I don't know if I'd wake up from eating like that. Can you imagine how strong he'd be if he was vegan or raw? He'd win more gold medals than they're projecting probably. Not that this is the point, but you know what I mean.

I agree with you...if people are collectively beginning to release their addictions to fast food and other junk, making more conscious food choices as a result...well it's always a good thing. Baby steps. Baby steps.

Date: August 15, 2008 05:43AM

Yes,

Phelps is 23 you can get away with that type of lifestyle at that age check back with him in about 20 years.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: August 15, 2008 05:48AM

rawangel Wrote:
> Wow. I don't know if I'd wake up from eating like
> that. Can you imagine how strong he'd be if he
> was vegan or raw? He'd win more gold medals than
> they're projecting probably. Not that this is the
> point, but you know what I mean.
>
> I agree with you...if people are collectively
> beginning to release their addictions to fast food
> and other junk, making more conscious food choices
> as a result...well it's always a good thing. Baby
> steps. Baby steps.

hmm, I dunno

I think my point, which maybe I didn't articulate at all. is that for many, being competitive, in sports (or looking/acting your best I suppose) The total raw vegan thing just isn't going to work unless they are willing to spend years of their life MAKING it work, which many can't 'afford' to.

Even then, although living a longer term raw/cleansing lifestyle has shown to create more endurance, speed, in some cases outer beauty, and potentially: strength, its not always going to be competitive with the physique built by drugs, hormones, surgeries and other forms of toxic 'nitro' one can put in ones body at the expense of their long term health.

Its all about what one's goals are and what 'world' they want to inhabit

So its, really important/inspiring when someone (anyone) makes that choice, to be a whole new kind of example. I am not saying this is what Tiger is doing, but I've recently been exposed to more media lately and its insane how the 'crap world' is progressing. I keep hearing this commercial on the radio for Wendy's 'Baconator'. I thought it was like an add for Saturday Night Live or something. It literally said "So much bacon there is NO ROOM for lettuce". And the commercials during the Olympics are equally disturbing.

So the fact that he is recovering on fruits and veges, instead of GNC power pills and shakes or whatever, shows that he's clued in enough that what he needs is LESS CRAP and more rest, which seems completely contrary to an athletics where guys will take injections to wave off traumas during t/o's

The fact that athletes are physical role models is in-itself problematic, because most will choose winning over their left arm. I read this article in the New Yorker on Ryan Hall, and there is this line where is says something like: no one gets into marathons thinking its going to extend their life in any way, in fact they know its quite the opposite.

just my take

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 15, 2008 08:02AM

fruitarianfitness Wrote:

You can tell this from his one sentence in regards to raw & organic food? You must be pretty intuitive.

Date: August 15, 2008 10:19AM

Wheatgrass Yogi Wrote:
> If Tiger Woods went 100% Raw Vegan, he would
> probably
> lose his Competitive Edge. Would he feel more like
>
> Meditating or ripping apart the competition? Meat
> makes
> one aggressive (and short lived)......WY

I was an aggressive, competitive junk food, sometimes SAD eating vegetarian athlete

Now I'm a mellow, but still very competitive kale loving raw vegan athlete

I think his edge would just morph into something else, but i don't think he'd lose it. he seems very passionate about Golf and he knows he's the best

Don't think it matters if he's eating berries or steak - it's inherently who he is...he's driven as an athlete

Athleticism is a state of mind first and foremost

just my opinion.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2008 10:33AM by rawangel.

Date: August 15, 2008 10:28AM

anaken Wrote:
> rawangel Wrote:
> > Wow. I don't know if I'd wake up from eating
> like
> > that. Can you imagine how strong he'd be if he
> > was vegan or raw? He'd win more gold medals
> than
> > they're projecting probably. Not that this is
> the
> > point, but you know what I mean.
> >
> > I agree with you...if people are collectively
> > beginning to release their addictions to fast
> food
> > and other junk, making more conscious food
> choices
> > as a result...well it's always a good thing.
> Baby
> > steps. Baby steps.
>
>
> hmm, I dunno
>
> I think my point, which maybe I didn't articulate
> at all. is that for many, being competitive, in
> sports (or looking/acting your best I suppose) The
> total raw vegan thing just isn't going to work
> unless they are willing to spend years of their
> life MAKING it work, which many can't 'afford'
> to.
>
> Even then, although living a longer term
> raw/cleansing lifestyle has shown to create more
> endurance, speed, in some cases outer beauty, and
> potentially: strength, its not always going to be
> competitive with the physique built by drugs,
> hormones, surgeries and other forms of toxic
> 'nitro' one can put in ones body at the expense of
> their long term health.
>
> Its all about what one's goals are and what
> 'world' they want to inhabit
>
> So its, really important/inspiring when someone
> (anyone) makes that choice, to be a whole new kind
> of example. I am not saying this is what Tiger is
> doing, but I've recently been exposed to more
> media lately and its insane how the 'crap world'
> is progressing. I keep hearing this commercial on
> the radio for Wendy's 'Baconator'. I thought it
> was like an add for Saturday Night Live or
> something. It literally said "So much bacon there
> is NO ROOM for lettuce". And the commercials
> during the Olympics are equally disturbing.
>
> So the fact that he is recovering on fruits and
> veges, instead of GNC power pills and shakes or
> whatever, shows that he's clued in enough that
> what he needs is LESS CRAP and more rest, which
> seems completely contrary to an athletics where
> guys will take injections to wave off traumas
> during t/o's
>
> The fact that athletes are physical role models is
> in-itself problematic, because most will choose
> winning over their left arm. I read this article
> in the New Yorker on Ryan Hall, and there is this
> line where is says something like: no one gets
> into marathons thinking its going to extend their
> life in any way, in fact they know its quite the
> opposite.
>
> just my take
>
>
>
>

I understand Anaken. Still agree. Especially in reference to who and what a raw vegan athlete would be competing against. With regard to being able to afford it I disagree. If someone can afford to eat the menu you posted above, they can afford to invest in raw foods/superfoods and whatever else they would need to sustain a competitive edge. For the average Joe or Jill, maybe it's true though about affordability. But these high profile athletes have cash in most instances, whether it's their own or some corporation's (if professional) or under the table negotiations with the amateur. Just my opinion.

Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: August 16, 2008 04:05PM

fruitarianfitness Wrote:

> Tiger Woods is not putting himself up to represent
> the raw foods community he's simply stating that
> as a part of his recovery he's been eating some
> raw foods...now if the raw lifestyle was to get
> another dose of attention because a "celeb" wants
> to try it out I would rather see it done in a way
> that educates people about what they are getting
> into first, from a more experienced individual,
> rather than a bunch of people that know nothing
> about the raw lifestyle going raw because they
> read an article about how their favourite "celeb"
> eats raw foods and then bailing out when they lose
> too much weight or feel exhausted all the
> time.....I've seen and worked with so many people
> that have got themselves messed up by not knowing
> what they were getting into.

I think anything that can get people interested in raw foods is good. Even if they don't succeed with their initial they may with subsequent attempts.

Funny thing is, some people with a lot of experience with raw foodism/ fruitarianism, are not really forthcoming with information of how they do things anyway. Too often you hear the mantra to "Be your own guru". If someone gets into it all because of some celeb and acts as their own guru then good for them rather than coming to a forum and getting the be your own guru speach. Sadly, many more experienced raw foodists don't give much objective information if their isn't a paycheck involved. There are some exceptions.

Just my opinion/observation

Date: August 16, 2008 06:19PM

Nothing wrong with experienced rawfoodist charging for consultations it is when they try to sell snake oil that I have a problem with.

Date: August 16, 2008 07:42PM

globalresult Wrote:
> Nothing wrong with experienced rawfoodist charging
> for consultations it is when they try to sell
> snake oil that I have a problem with.

I agree Global....about paying for consultations!!!!!

Gorillwar.....As far as the "longterm rawfoodist not being willing to share" thing goes my opinion is this, a lot of long term raw foodists DO share but it goes misunderstood by some because not everything is for everybody....everybody has there own interpretations and their own experiences. You also have to realise that some longterm raw foodists like myself are busy trying to work on setting up their businesses and get many, many e-mails from people from all over the world asking the same questions and I answer them all for free as well as coming on this forum too, I also make videos so people can view and have their questions answered, I make exercise tutorial videos so that people can see what exercises they can do to get themselves started, etc and it's all done for free, I'm not bragging about this I'm just using myself as an example so you can see that folks do share, having said that if I feel that someone just wants to nit pick just out of curiosity or to spark a debate, I won't waste my time, I'd rather deal with somebody sincere that will actually be helped with what I may share.

As for the "be your own guru" speeches go, my opinion is this, I'm all in favor of that, I teach people to be their own guru because there's no cookie cutter method to going raw and not everything works for everybody, when I work with people it's on a personal basis, I don't like seeing people getting ripped off by long term rawfoodists/raw food guru's that rely on the fears and emotional hang ups/instability of others to boost their income, I know raw food guru's that will string people along just to get there money knowing that the client will sabotage themselves in time, I won't work with a client if I know the client isn't ready for change, I don't believe in turning them into cash cows, followers or fans!!!

As a long time raw foodist having gone through what I've gone through and seen others go through, I'd be very cautious about listening to any raw food guru that tells people that their way is the best way to go or that they have the secrets to success on the raw lifestyle because theere are no secrets, mother nature has already given us everything we need for free, we just need to go back to it, also this lifestyle is way too personal to be a one size fits all thing....I don't like to tell people how to live because the bottom line is that they will not learn anything by being spoon fed, also, I don't like to spend my time answering questions everyday about how I live because the bottom line is that knowing all about me will not teach you anything about you, what worked for me may not work for another individual because they are not me and I am not them, plus I'm not the one that needs help.

I've rambled a bit but I think that the long term raw foodist HERE need to be given some credit for the time and effort they put in EVERY SINGLE DAY to help others understand this transitioning process for FREE, people like BRYAN, DAVID ZANE MASON, LA VERONICE, ETC.....THERE'S MANY MORE TOO!!!!...these guys I've mentioned have been here helping folks for as long as I have, probably even longer and I've been here for years.

F1

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2008 07:52PM by fruitarianfitness.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables