Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

need some basic clarifications...
Posted by: ohitsclaire ()
Date: August 20, 2008 01:42PM

hey all... new to the forums but not to raw foods!

i'm dabbled in it for YEARS now...and am finally making the last few moves... pretty much 98% raw now... though a few things still get me...

any info/thoughts would be appreciated....

*mustard...like djion mustard? how "not raw" is it....?
*peanuts....are they so evil? (i had this trail mix with them in it and eat them out of not wanting to waste something i paid for)
*fats....do you ever feel like its too much? from a digestion standpoint... like about a week ago, i was rawing and the nuts/oils/flax...was not making me feel too hot. The majority of the diet is fruits and vegetables of course... but the fat bothers me sometimes.

...after much reading....how many of you actually eat raw meats/fish?

thank you all !!

c

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: need some basic clarifications...
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: August 20, 2008 02:26PM

Mustard contains vinegar, which won't be raw. There won't be any life left in the mustard seeds.

Peanuts are hard to digest raw. There is also a problem with raw peanut - they are susceptible to a poisonous fungus that produces a poison called aflatoxin.

There are plenty of fatty acids in fruits in vegetables, so if you are having problems digesting overt fats, don't eat them.

This is a raw vegan forum, and discussing the eating meat is not permitted here. Posts about the consumption of animal products (the perceived positive aspects of it) are often deleted. However, posts concerning why you don't want to eat those foods are retained.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 20, 2008 03:16PM

Just as Bryan said,

-Don't get hung up on the word 'raw'. Think: "fresh fruits and vegetables" and you'll be on the right track! Anything processed....or put in a package...pretty much has to be rendered inactive enzymatically or it would decay and become contaminated on the shelf. This is done through chemicals, heat, radiation, and other weird things. LOL. Grabbing a head of Romaine from the produce section is a bit different. You'll see this.

-I think limiting your fats to under 30% of your caloric intake - is probably a wise thing. smiling smiley

-Make the small changes that you are motivated and capable of doing on a daily basis. Work on your PROCESS and don't sweat the small stuff that is really only .01% of your process....you know? In the end, that's all any 'failure' is anyway: .01% of your process/life.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: August 20, 2008 07:21PM

thank you so much for the speedy and quick replies!

yes, i was thinking the same things about the mustard and peanuts... (though i do have a recipe for raw mustard i'm going to make smiling smiley )

having been and being a vegan above all myself, i completely agree and i sincerely apologize if anyone was offended. it was mentioned in a book i bought under the notion of thinking it was a "raw foods" book.

thank you again!

yes, david... good things to point out!

c

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: August 22, 2008 12:46PM

davidzanemason Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> -Don't get hung up on the word 'raw'. Think:
> "fresh fruits and vegetables" and you'll be on the
> right track!

Yes. Yes. Yes !

Posted by: Joanne81 ()
Date: August 23, 2008 09:55PM

I just wanted to point out that the company "Eden" makes an organic stone-ground mustard made with raw apple cider vinegar. It is completely raw and delicious.

Date: August 24, 2008 01:08AM

oh thats fabulous.

and i'm getting some tomorrow.

i love me some mustard.

c

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables