Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What to do...
Posted by: CJJ ()
Date: August 23, 2008 04:51AM

It is so glaringly apparent how much of my time over that past 6 years has been spent in bars, or at parties, drinking and eating crap with people I'm not that close with. It's even more apparent that every single friend I've made since moving to the west coast has been a drinking buddy. Now that I'm toning down my inner rockstar, I'm at a complete loss of what to do. Where do raw foodies go on a Friday night? What do you do with your friends? I've been spending many a night at home, alone, and starting to get down over it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What to do...
Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: August 23, 2008 12:02PM

Check out:

meetup.com

And, other stuff in your area. Where do you live?

Lee

[www.dhamma.org]

"May all beings be happy."

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 23, 2008 02:12PM

Go out with the sinners man! Bring an apple. You don't have to sin to connect! Ha! ha!

-I go out with my drinking, crap-eating friends and family all the time. I have a great time, and just do not eat. Food only becomes a separating and divisive issue if YOU make it so. Diet is a very personal issue....so why make it a public one that disrupts your social schedule! winking smiley

-If friends or family ask, simply say: "I'm not hungry, I'm here to spend time with you....is that ok?". It usually is! smiling smiley

-I've NEVER been told to leave someplace (after 10 years of healthy eating) for not eating.,,,when I'm with family or friends. I suppose it's a specter....but it's never actually happened to me. I've often brought an apple or avocado to a restaurant...and eaten it. No one has EVER given me a hard time. If they did, I would just say I'm on a 'special diet' and they'd leave me alone....but as I say....it's never happened....so that's mostly a specter too....in my experience.

-Power to you!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: August 24, 2008 01:35AM

I still hang with my friends. I went out dancing a couple weeks ago and drank water and never tired out like I used to. It was so fun.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables