Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cholesterol Values and High Fat Raw
Posted by: sewraw ()
Date: August 26, 2008 09:06PM

A while ago someone was asking about cholesterol and high fat raw diet. I couldn't find the post but I wanted to share this.

For the second time since I have been on this raw journey, I had my cholesterol levels checked. I am a very high risk for cardiovascular disease due to maternal and paternal family history so these levels are getting checked regularly and they have not always been very good for me - at least not while eating SAD (that's Standard American Diet for those who are not sure). And, I even ate a "healthy" SAD.

While on this journey, I have fluctuated from very low fat (10-15%) to much higher (30-40%). Recently, I found that I was feeling better with the higher fat so I quit fighting the issue and let my body dictated what it needed.

Here are my most recent (2 weeks ago) cholesterol values with optimum ranges in ().
Total Cholesterol = 166 (<200 is ideal)
Triglycerides = 25 (30-50)
HDL = 62 (40-50) *influenced most by exercise not diet
LDL = 99 (60-130)

Patty

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cholesterol Values and High Fat Raw
Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: August 27, 2008 12:20AM

Congratulations, Patty!!!

My cholesterol levels got into the very healthy range on high fat raw, when my cooked food body had horrible cholesterol even though I was eating very well for a cooked foodie. Isn't it amazing what a difference heat can do to our foods?!

Congatulations, again!!! You'll inspire many more people to try raw, I'm sure, as you share your results!

Lots of love to you,

Wendi
XOXOXO

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 27, 2008 02:25AM

my cholesterol has dropped over 50 points as well...i`m still at like 206 but it`s getting there smiling smiley high cholesterol and heart probs run in my family too....must be in the name LOL
patty

Posted by: sewraw ()
Date: August 27, 2008 02:45AM

Thanks Wendi and Patty

Awesome about your cholesterol Patty/dewey.

Wendi, it is funny that you wrote the comment about inspiring others/sharing results. While I was at my doc (a conventional MD) I told her for the most part how I eat with the emphasis on a high proportion of my diet from raw, unprocessed fruits, vegies, seeds, nuts, etc. blah, blah blah. My doc actually said I was an inspiration to her as she was probably going to go home and "throw some Hamburger Helper together." (I really hope she was joking about the Hamburger Helper thing.) I even offered a suggestion for her asthmatic patients about which specific changes completely cleared up my nighttime asthma symptoms.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Patty

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: August 27, 2008 01:55PM

Shoot for 150 and under for total cholesterol.....

Also, family history is usually dietary history/similar diet, so just take care of yourself!

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: August 27, 2008 03:11PM

WOW.

RAW is great.

Congratulations.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables