Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Boxed v. Bulk Raisins
Posted by: stasia ()
Date: August 28, 2008 07:57PM

The raisins in the boxes or cans seem to be coated with an oil, probably to help them flow into the containers during the packaging process. I noticed that the golden raisins in the bulk section say that they are coated with oil, but that the black raisins in the bulk section say that they are just raisins. The black raisins also stick together when I'm bagging them up, but the golden raisins are easy to bag. Since I've been eating a lot of raisins, I noticed that I don't like the oiled raisins.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boxed v. Bulk Raisins
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: August 28, 2008 08:40PM

I'd buy Organic Raisins in the box. Publix sells a good
brand, if you live in the US. I buy them for my Mother.
They're too concentrated in Sugar for me.....WY

Posted by: stasia ()
Date: August 29, 2008 12:39AM

I'll have to look into that, thanks. Right now, I'm liking the bulk black raisins the best. It's just puzzling that it isn't list on the box or can that oil has been added to them.

Posted by: mira ()
Date: August 29, 2008 05:17PM

Some bands add oil (usually sunflower oil) to their raisins to make them moist, shiny and to prevent them to stick together....

I prefer raisins with no oil too, in my case, it is easy to find sultana raisins with no oil, but very difficult to find flames or thomsons without oil...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables