Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Health Testimony
Posted by: phylisrn ()
Date: August 29, 2008 05:36PM

I am feeling a little better each day. I really like this site because the people are so supportive. I figured out it is the medications that are making me so ill.

I already mentioned that I started eating 50%-60% raw food 2 months ago. AT that time I weighed around 300 lbs and was admitted to the hospital with a BP of 210/100 and that was my blood pressure on medicines.
In that 2 months I have lost over 50 lbs and this morning before I took my meds my blood pressure was 135/85. I now it is due to my lifestyle changes. My doctor is weaning my medicines.
I belong to another high blood pressure board and everyone is on these debilitating medications with no quality of life. I wanted to share my testimony about my new eating style and that you can be free of all these drugs by lifestyle changes and they booted me off the board sad smiley(

Phyllis

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Health Testimony
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: August 29, 2008 05:50PM

That says a lot about that board dosn't it. Congratulations on your progress. ;-)

Posted by: Misery's Fence ()
Date: August 29, 2008 06:34PM

Fantastic! Congratulations! :-)

I'm sorry about the other board. I work for the pharmaceutical research industry, and it's heartbreaking how many people would rather be medicated for the rest of their lives than give up their destructive, but comfortable habits. To them, taking a pill every day for the rest of their lives is far less intrusive than eating well and getting a little exercise. Sheesh. Go figure.

Miz

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 29, 2008 06:35PM

I hear you Phyllis. It's all good.....you're doing the right thing.....and doing it intelligently. And now you know not to walk into the lions den and preach the virtues of vegetarianism. Heh..heh. Set up your stall in your own corner of the city.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: bellefleur ()
Date: August 29, 2008 06:43PM

That's wonderful news - I'm very happy for you! smiling smiley

Sorry about that other board - sounds like a place where people go to wallow in their shared misery. I don't think that's the kind of person you are.

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: August 29, 2008 07:50PM

So sorry to hear of your bad experiences on that other board - it's often the case, when we make changes to improve our own lives that we meet with the most resistance and criticism from the very people we would have expected absolute support and understanding from.

You are such an inspiration, to take charge of your own health like that. It's rare for people to take that on, as said by others on this post, many people just prefer to take a pill and forget about it. I have watched family members do exactly that, and I have lost them too early because of it. What you are doing is not only a gift to yourself, but a gift to every single person who loves you.

Sapphire

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: August 30, 2008 01:07AM

Congrats Phyllis for getting booted off the other board. What a way to celebrate a new stage of your life by letting go of things/people that no longer serve our goals.

You have just achieve two aspects of raw in your social and spiritual path. Raw is not only about healthy eating but about being your higher self. One cannot reach a higher place without moving from the lower.

I do agree it's sad that people don't want to take responsibility for their lives by making the changes necessary to control one's life but we are all entitled to choose.

May you have continued success. Therese

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: August 30, 2008 01:24AM

That is such good news! Good for you, taking control of your own health.

It's strange how people are turned off by the concept of eating naturally and healthfully. Almost like it's just too simple for them to grasp the idea. Some people can't have faith in what is simple and are just attracted to all that is complicated.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 30, 2008 06:27PM

life- awesome attitude, i love your post
phyllis-you rock!!
patty

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: August 30, 2008 07:22PM

Congratulations, Phyllis!

A lot of the supposed support sites for illnesses are financed and/or run by pharmaceutical companies. If you go telling people they don't need their medications, well of course they are going to boot you off!!!

YOU ARE ALWAYS WELCOME HERE!

This site rocks. Not everyone eats the same things or believes the same things but everyone here is on a journey to better health.

You found the right place, here.

You don't belong on that other website.

Lee

[www.dhamma.org]

"May all beings be happy."

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 31, 2008 12:15AM

Phyllis,
Thats great.
As well intentioned as the medical establishment is,my gut feeling all along was that their little pills werent the answer to anything.
Nature is.
And to me that means raw food.

Brian

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables