Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Why is my breath so bad???
Posted by: MY*ID ()
Date: August 29, 2008 03:28PM

I've been eating only vegetables, some steamed or boiled for dinner. No nuts, seeds or grains. Very very little fruit, only in the AM. Only fat source has been avocado. But when I wake up, my breath is SO bad! Has anyone experienced this?
I can not understand it. I have never been one to have bad breath--even when I used to eat terribly!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why is my breath so bad???
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 29, 2008 03:35PM

Two things: Detox (toxins already in the system) and pockets of bacteria/decay in the teeth...under gums....in the crannies...where food particles or existing bacterial pockets are taking hold. I have some experience with this. These items are sometimes even UNDER teeth and gums....where brushing and even rinsing cannot get them (this is where dental scans are treatment come into play).

-Proactively, you CAN do the following:

1) Rinse mouth thoroughly with salt water and then brush teeth with peroxide or whatever toothpaste you use.....every morning and evening. Floss into the cracks and crevasses. Use a very soft brush....and go easy....but get all over.

2) Juice fast regularly...for 2-3 days at a stretch to cleanse out your system.

3) Brush and scrape your tongue very thoroughly.

4) Visit a dentist pro-actively for a cleaning and examination of any cavities.

5) Drink lots of pure water....and rinse regularly with salt water to help control bacteria.

-As you say: avoid regular large amounts of fats, nuts, or stringy items that normally get caught in your teeth. Avoid garlic, onions, or other items with bad smelling oils or sulfur compounds.

-Just some tips that have helped me.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2008 03:40PM by davidzanemason.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: August 30, 2008 01:19AM

I agree with Dave. You are detoxing.

At one point, I kept smelling ammonia but I finally figurec out it was internal, in my nasal passages rather that external. Everything else smelled as it normally should.

Sounds like you're going to have some interesting detox experiences, too. winking smiley
Therese

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: August 30, 2008 04:33AM

It could be cooked starch. Increasing amount of juicy fruit should fix it. smiling smiley

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: MY*ID ()
Date: August 30, 2008 03:55PM

I am not eating any cooked starches at all. Have been on almost 100% veg for 2 weeks. (90% raw)
When I have tried eating fruit, I have horrible stomach pains after a few hours.
It's definitely an internal thing rather than just bad surface breath or something coming from in my mouth. It feels deep.

I drink green juice every morning--atleast 30 oz.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: August 30, 2008 08:10PM

You stomach pain may be from bad food combining. Sweet fruit has to be eaten alone at least 20-30 mins before any veggies and never after the stomach digests sweet fruit differently than veggies.

Also, what are you juicing or eating? I know that sometimes cabbage can cause bad breath.

Therese

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: September 01, 2008 05:15AM

MY*ID Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've been eating only vegetables, some steamed or
> boiled for dinner. No nuts, seeds or grains.
> Very very little fruit, only in the AM. Only fat
> source has been avocado. But when I wake up, my
> breath is SO bad! Has anyone experienced this?
> I can not understand it. I have never been one to
> have bad breath--even when I used to eat terribly!

I am guessing you have allergies to something you are eating or something in your house or garden.

Or, if really bad breath doesn't come from unhealthy teeth/gums, it might be coming from a build up of black fungus in the mucosa in the nasal pasages.

Or you might have a more sensitive nose now.

Or some/all of the above.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables