Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juice Feasting
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 10, 2008 08:59AM

Has anyone had success with juice feasting? It seems a bit extreme, but the idea of being able to cleanse and build at the same time is alluring.

I'm just curious if anyone here has done it and what do you think?

On 6th day of Juicing, but only because I had a health crisis. I'm thinking of going for about 14 days. Other people out there go for 92 days. I've already been raw for several years, with a few months of cooked here and there, so I've done my good share of detox, and am thin already.

I have asthma, and am slightly hypothyroid.

What does everyone think of juicefeasting and does anyone here have any personal experience?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Juice Feasting
Posted by: richard blackman ()
Date: September 10, 2008 09:49AM

Anytime away from cooked food will do you good...the longer the better!

F1

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 10, 2008 02:14PM

I think it's a great idea....but a tool that should only be utilized sparingly by those who have first used healthy food as their medicine....and been living at THEIR chosen level of raw food for at least 6 months. Just my opinion. Anything prior to that should only be done to get out of a crisis.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: September 10, 2008 03:31PM

I've done a lot of juice fasting here and there through the years and loved it every time, and I noticed something different when I did the juice feast: I got incredibly hungry at a certain point. I think it's because of the supplements, even though I only used a couple of them and didn't go overboard. As soon as you add supplements, it's not fasting, it's eating + drinking juice. When I do just juice, hunger isn't a problem at all. I don't think I'll ever do a juice feast type of cleanse again; the hunger was excruciating and I was kind of shocked.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: September 11, 2008 04:58AM

I juice feasted for 45 days. I did not do supplements, except for the MSM/ lemon drink in the morning. I had 1 gallon of fruit juice and 3 gallons of veggie juice (sweetened with apples), each day.

Benefits:
Lost weight
Less sleep
No hunger
Prepare foods once a day - juicing in the morning
No need to make dinner
Increased creativity
Motivation

Less than the best:
Gained all the weight back
Trouble adjusting to solids, nuts, etc.
Even more socially isolating than my typical raw food diet (can't eat out on juice - not even a salad with your own dressing).
An hour and a half each morning to prepare juice
Became cleaner, needing less food (utilize nutrients easier). This should be a good thing but I consider it to be less than the best, because I was not ready emotionally, to eat considerably less foods.

Sunflower
Raw Food Chef and Writer
Comfortably Raw
[www.comfortablyraw.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables