Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anyone see the 20/20 tv show on the 2 people who ate raw died?
Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: September 09, 2008 01:55AM

I didnt see it but my kids dod and their mom made them watch it, and now theyre panicing that im not ok and that i need to reconsider.
Looks like the media is now attacking the raw lifestyle and i wonder if those 2 people were paid to go on the show, you know the 2 people who "died".
What do yall think?
It took me awhile but i was finally getting somewhere with my kids now they watch a tv show and are worried!
I feel GREAT! i dont know what else to say!
I will say this i do get a runny nose quite often but its usually after i eat.
I wonder if the fruit im eating is mucus forming, I know i eat a lot of bananas and i hear theyre mucus forming and my nose hasnt run much since i started eating more apples and other fruits. but i get a runny nose all the time but never get a cold matter fact I haven had a cold in about 2 years! ive been raw for 10 months!
Rob

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone see the 20/20 tv show on the 2 people who ate raw died?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 09, 2008 02:27AM

Oh my gosh.
I missed that show.
I find it impossible to believe that raw eating could kill anyone.
SAD kills people.
Thats been proven.

Brian

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: September 09, 2008 03:20AM

John Stossel is a really bad reporter, and a lot of people don't like the conservative and anti-alternative stances he frequently takes. He's the same person who did a show about how 'bad' organic food is on another 20/20 segment a few years back; it was full of lies and distortion, and featured an agriculture industry insider criticizing organic farming.

I didn't see this show (thankfully-- it would have made me really mad!) -- but I've reviewed what others said about it, and it appears it wasn't about regular raw foodists at all. It dealt with people who are anorexics who happen to be raw foodists. Someone wrote on the 20/20 complaint board that it was kind of like doing a piece on the hazards of swimming, using as your examples people who just happen to like to cover themselves in blood and swim with sharks.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: liponeer ()
Date: September 09, 2008 04:03AM

I heard that people used to eat before they knew how to make fire.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 09, 2008 05:22AM

Hello,

'Paranoia will destory ya'-Jamor..
Raw foodist is just a label. It doesn't tell everything about the person. I know that it is the BEST thing I ever discovered. I never been sick, but I have throw up during transition. Everyone is learning. There is less negative in Raw food. Energy in meat is fear and chemistry of cooking destroy natural enzymes. YOU CAN NOT PICK COOK FOOD. If you do raw food wrong, you will end up with wrong results that include the spiritual and emotional. I pray everynight which help me with my choices(brain like a computer). I also read. Raw food is simple food and it makes sense. Plus, Raw means real. Don't everyone want to be real?I mean you are what you eat, right?

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: September 09, 2008 06:40AM

The thread "The Orthorexia Worry" has links to the 20/20 show so you can watch it.

The peice gave raw alot of air time, so some people are going to see that piece and Google raw. I DO think that some people take raw too far and get skinny, but that's only like 1-2% of raw people. I'd swear that was Narz I saw early in the second half?

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: September 09, 2008 10:45AM

linponeer -- that was perfect! ha ha But, you are wrong. They used to have microwave ovens before they had fire. ha ha

For my part... here's my quite serious response:

Millions of people do not watch television.

Be well,

Lee

[www.dhamma.org]

"May all beings be happy."

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: September 09, 2008 10:51AM

Some people don't know what they're doing when they switch their diet. If they happen to be anorexic, well they didn't know what they were doing in the first place. Though, a raw diet high in fat is said to cause problems, too. But wow, this raw food world is so full of mystery...I just want to figure it all out.

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: September 09, 2008 12:25PM

Maybe there are no 'dramatic' new stuff currently going on and the usual themes have grown stale. So creatures like Stossel in these instances likely dig up topics that may be known but are not mainstream and look for extreme cases and profile these as the norm. To protect people? No... For ratings? Judge for yourself.

Posted by: mykmyk ()
Date: September 09, 2008 12:31PM

Just remember everyone the media is controlled!!!!!

check this out, orthorexia boy speaks

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: September 09, 2008 01:35PM

mykmyk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just remember everyone the media is
> controlled!!!!!
>
> check this out, orthorexia boy speaks

It's over 8-minutes long but worth
the view. Johnny states the problem of Orthorexia
Nervosa very well.....WY

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: September 09, 2008 04:48PM

Posted by: iLIVE , Date: September 09, 2008

this raw food world is so full of mystery...I just want to figure it all out.

Eat simple raw foods and get live nutrients and be well or eat cooked dead food and get changed nutrients and get sick.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: September 11, 2008 10:44PM

I dont have a tv, but when in a motel I will turn the idiots lanttern on,
The 20 20 seg was on and I knew when I saw that dude who looked like he just `came out of a nazi death camp propaganda soup was cooking, he scared me just `looking at him, walking death with a little skin, paid for by the meat `and `dairy factorys. You could not find two better freaks to scare folks away from
raw, and that was the purpose of that propaganda 20-20
it reafirmed to me that this diet is great.
did you see in the credits, the name Gobels? I think I did.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables