Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Dehydrator Recommendation
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 16, 2008 06:33PM

Hello. I'm new to raw foods, and have recently started looking into dehydrators. I see a lot of recommendations for the excalibur, but it's way out of my price range. I am very broke. Can anyone recommend an inexpensive dehydrator that still works fairly well?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dehydrator Recommendation
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 16, 2008 07:33PM

If you want a NO heat dehydrator....try the Alton Brown box fan and 4, 20" x 20" cheap paper air filters bungee'd to the fans. Just slice your stuff very thin and dehydrate for 48 hours! Try this method with sliced apples or thinly sliced Roma tomato rounds!

-Many folks will use their oven on the lowest setting....with the door open....and a cheap little fan...and a thermometer. Make sure your oven temperature is low.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 16, 2008 07:52PM

Ah, for that matter, I was thinking about sun-drying. Has anyone had experience doing that with fruits?

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 16, 2008 07:58PM

I'm in Florida, which is rather wet and humid....but I've done it......and you can certainly try your own. The key, as always, would be to first slice thin and then reduce moisture on paper towels. I've heard that a simple solution (if you don't mind the smell) is to place on a stand on your car dashboard.....with a DC fan plugged into your cigarette lighter! Heh..heh. You've got your natural heat, sun.....and a little wind!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables