Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Detox my GLANDS, please
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: September 17, 2008 05:52AM

So, from personal experience, coming as a person from relatively good health into raw food, the recipe for success has been, "Fresh, raw, food." Anything too complicated, dehydrated, powders, pills, elixirs--the further removed from nature it is, the less it helps me. Or that is how I've felt, anyway. I'll take a fresh watermelon over collodial silver.

One thing that kind of concerns me, still, is the status of some of the glands in my head. Specifically that rock in my head that is supposed to be a fully-functional pineal gland. It is a supercenter for heavy metal accumulation, and calcification directly affects levels of melatonin, among other things. The research is out there, and it's scary. (I know being scared isn't good, either. tongue sticking out smiley )

I've been reading about the awesomeness of pinoline--anti-aging, anti-parasitic, valiant scavenger of free radicals in the brain! Calcification impairs pinoline production, too, apparently.

I just read about this insane detox for the brain, that says, everyday you should drink Borax, disodium EDTA, sodium thiosulfate (WTF is that?), iodine. Is there any merit to this?

Or should I just go back to cilantro smoothies everyday? And maybe add some POND SCUM? Or will a largely fruit diet accomplish the same thing over a long enough period of time?

So far, I've been able to just eat well and let RAW take care of me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Detox my GLANDS, please
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: September 17, 2008 11:52AM

People put websites together to scare you into buying their products.

There is no reason for you to be particularly concerned with your glands and their detox unless you have an obvious disorder.

The best you can do is to eat right, to get plenty of exercise, sleep, etc. You know the routine.

Re: Detox my GLANDS, please
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 17, 2008 01:07PM

If you are talking about REMOVING deposits....and you want to cleanse....then juice fasts.....and then water fasts facilitate this detox and healing......but they are tools that should be used by the intelligently by the experienced healthy person. There should be a feeling of voluntary joy and care-free-ness. NOT a feeling of deprivation or self-harm.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables