Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Make your voice heard against irradiation
Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: September 19, 2008 12:14AM

[www.organicconsumers.org]

From a newsletter I get:

Vegetables you should never eat

Here's another FDA fiasco in the making. You might be familiar with the recent contamination of some vegetables. Health authorities scrambled to find the source. It wasn't easy. And, rather than compelling factory farmed-food producers to clean up their act, the FDA wants to make it easier to distribute contaminated food.

Here's how the FDA is doing this. The government organization recently announced that it will allow the irradiation of vegetables, such as spinach and lettuce, to destroy disease-causing bacteria.

Please think about this decision. Most people eat vegetables because they are full of life and nutrients. Now, if someone treats them with something that kills life (bacteria), doesn't it make sense that it will also kill the nutrients of the vegetable as well? Radiation will generate free radicals and toxic molecules that we don't see in nature. This will be extremely dangerous to your immune system.

Now supermarkets may be required to label the veggies as irradiated. But restaurants, schools, hospitals, and nursing homes won't have this requirement. You could go for an evening out and come home with a belly full of nuked food. Something stinks here.

There is a short window of time to take action. Please click on this link: [www.organicconsumers.org].

It will take you to a web page that will allow you to send a comment to the FDA. If we don't take action now, we will eventually find that anything not marked "organic" will be suspect for GMO and/or irradiation. I am not 100% organic. It's hard to be, and I prefer eating locally grown food to organic produce grown hundreds of miles away. We shouldn't have to worry about GMO and irradiation on top of pesticides. But thanks to an industry driven government, that's exactly what's happening. Please speak up.

Yours for better health and medical freedom,
Robert Jay Rowen, MD

Copyright 2008 Sound View Productions

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Make your voice heard against irradiation
Posted by: suvine ()
Date: September 19, 2008 06:18AM

Well then we just wont go oout to restaurants anymore. When business goes bad the restaurants wont like it

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 19, 2008 12:53PM

Time to turn my empty backyard into a garden.
Aint going to let the government kill me.
They are trying real hard already,but it aint gonna happen.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: September 19, 2008 02:09PM

Guys, if we don't resist this thing, we're in danger of our options drying up. We don't really want to just stop going to restaurants and grocery stores, do we? Never doubt that the power of the people is immense when they rally together and make their will known.

Grassroots!!!!

Make your voice heard. It's not over yet and there's still time to change it. Americans have become indoctrinated and programmed to think that they cannot and should not complain, but our form of government was born out of a revolution. Let's REVOLT!

Good, untainted food is a right. Let's fight the good fight for it.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: paragon1685 ()
Date: September 19, 2008 10:24PM

Another problem here is that it might take the
medicos and politicos 40 years of "studies" to
come to the conclusion: Maybe this stuff (altered
food) isn't so good for people. (As it is now,
they're only [all the way] up to recommending 5
servings of fresh/cooked Veggies/fruits a day.)

Or maybe they'll all just bury their heads in the
sand and never do any of their so-called "studies";
and then they'll be able to say there's "no proof."
Kinda sounds familiar....

Steve
[www.meetup.com]
[www.rawgosia.com]

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: September 20, 2008 12:22AM

In the supermarket today I saw EGGS that read IRRADIATED TO KILL SALMONELLA

I know this is a vegan thread, but how soon will we se this on veggies and fruits?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 20, 2008 03:54AM

pfft, written there like it's something to be proud of. the propaganda machine at it's finest eh?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables