Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Bad Fruit
Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: September 21, 2008 04:03AM

I have been getting so much unripe crappy produce lately. Melon that has no flavor, plums with tough skin and no flavor, necatrines with a weird flesh texture. They go rotten before they ripen.

I hate spending $$$ on fruit and it's total crap. We have a fruit stand, but not a farmer's market that's local. There's organic at the health food store, but it looks unripe and is $5 a pound which I can't afford.
I miss California.
Whine Over.

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bad Fruit
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: September 21, 2008 05:45AM

They go rotten before they ripen.

I stopped buying the big mangoes for that reason. I suspect they have been irradiated or something.

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: September 21, 2008 04:07PM

I want to live in california too. For the fruit! among other wonderful things there

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 21, 2008 08:34PM

Right. One gets used to (eventually) finding out what are more local foods - and consuming those. It takes time...and getting to know the people and the land. But I definitely hear your frustration! Ha! ha!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 21, 2008 09:08PM

mango and pineapple, if they aren't ripe when i buy them they just go bad. sometimes if bananas are too green they turn greyish mush instead of ripeing up, that happens with organic bananas a lot, i try to only get them when they are at least half ripe.

Posted by: Quest for Peace ()
Date: September 23, 2008 04:13AM

I have also had this problem lately. And I live in California and buy from fruit from farmers at the market! Maybe they are picked a little early and refrigerated....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables