Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

dehydrators
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 30, 2008 11:09AM

Are their any methods of dehydration that can be used in place of electric, or power machines?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: dehydrators
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: September 30, 2008 11:12AM

The sun. I have dried food in the sun on window screens that I have salvaged and cleaned. Also, my partner had built a solar hot water heater that had enough room in it to dry food. It may have gotten too hot in there to consider foods raw though.

Re: dehydrators
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 30, 2008 11:25AM

Right. What you need is heat and/or wind. This process CAN be inconsistent. The method I use (now that I'm dehydrating a few fruits again) is to cut up the fruit, immediately put it onto a 20" X 20" X 1" disposable air filter.....and then repeat....and then stack 3 air filters onto a box fan.....bungee them....and dehydrate on high for 48 hours. This works well for many fruits....and no heat whatsoever.

-If I was using sun....here in Florida...then a simple, free method would probably be to just leave the food on racks in my car dashboard with the windows cracked. I imagine the temperature would get up to about 105 or so...and the food would be dry in a day or two.

-Good luck to you!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables